MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to stop using email addresses as their username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont want this on my forum for privacy reasons and have found that some members have created accounts with their email address as their username.
I was trying to find out where to edit the username field to read "Username: DONT USE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS" or something along those lines in the member.php file to at least remind them not to. but if its possible to disable this function, even better.
you can try using Strict Username plugin

also you can edit member_register template to add required content [see related post]
It's difficult to prevent mail addresses in a text field without affecting other constellations using @ and dot sign. So there must be RegExp to ensure such check.

It may be possible to apply the email validation function on the username field to recognize a valid email address and drop an error.
(Not checked the code yet)
I think the onboard email validation function is one possible solution and needs just a slight code change on the register section in member.php.

[ExiTuS]