MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need Upgrading MyBB old theme to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Helo All,

iam looking for theme developer to help me on upgrading the my old mybb theme a year back old theme to latest version
which theme you are referring to ?
are you looking for a paid service or for volunteer help ?
You can try yourself updating your templates.
On this site you can compare templates to prior versions (all changes visually marked).
https://www.mybb.de/doku/sonstiges/geaen...templates/

Just have a look at all the templates listed and compare with your current one.

BTW, Did you make a forum upgrade to the latest version already?

[ExiTuS]
(I’m assuming that, by upgrading to 1.8, you mean from 1.6?) Depending on the theme, it’s usually a pretty involved process. There are a lot of small things that changed from 1.6 to 1.8, and catching all of them is a very long, drawn out process. I tried to port my forum’s theme when 1.8 first came out. It turned out to be enough work to where it was much easier just to completely recreate it from scratch.

For simple themes with relatively simple modifications, it might be doable. If it’s a more customized design, it might not be as easy to do, although I’m sure there are people who have done it before. Its often done by simply recreating it for complicated themes. It’s hard to say much more without really seeing the theme.
(2020-02-25, 07:21 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which theme you are referring to ?
are you looking for a paid service or for volunteer help ?

yes paid service only no free service it was a  year old  theme it was used before on my another domain  now its closed so i want to use same theme on my new domain with latest mybb installed.url below 

Envato Buyers and Sellers Forum
I'm going to be honest for a second here...

Your theme looks great, but it's heavily modified from the original. MyBB 1.8 made so many modifications to the core templates that it would be very involved to try and re-do all of those modifications over the original theme.

What would be required instead would be to look for the templates that were changed on the current 1.6 version of the theme (over the 1.6 version's default templates). The modified templates would have to be put into a new MyBB 1.8 theme. It would pretty much have to be done by starting over on a MyBB 1.8 theme, and would require manually putting the modifications from the original theme into the new one.

I've done that sort of thing once before for personal use, and while it is time-consuming to redo the theme, it can usually be done faster than the original design. It is, however, still redoing the theme from scratch. If the original theme designer is willing to take on the conversion, they could probably do it more quickly than a third-party designer could, so it might be worth reaching out to them to get a quote on it. Smile
(2020-02-25, 04:14 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to be honest for a second here...

Your theme looks great, but it's heavily modified from the original. MyBB 1.8 made so many modifications to the core templates that it would be very involved to try and re-do all of those modifications over the original theme.

What would be required instead would be to look for the templates that were changed on the current 1.6 version of the theme (over the 1.6 version's default templates). The modified templates would have to be put into a new MyBB 1.8 theme. It would pretty much have to be done by starting over on a MyBB 1.8 theme, and would require manually putting the modifications from the original theme into the new one.

I've done that sort of thing once before for personal use, and while it is time-consuming to redo the theme, it can usually be done faster than the original design. It is, however, still redoing the theme from scratch. If the original theme designer is willing to take on the conversion, they could probably do it more quickly than a third-party designer could, so it might be worth reaching out to them to get a quote on it. Smile

sorry bro my bad its not 1.6 its 1.8 theme i just saw my old backup of mybb it  says (MyBB release is MyBB 1.8.8)
In that case, you shouldn't have too many issues. There are a few templates that have changed since 1.8.8, but nothing too critical.

Just try to install it and see what how it appears (it should import without too many problems). There will likely be a few templates that you will have to manually revert, but this is a fairly straightforward process once you've imported the theme. We will have to see how it looks after the import before we can really fix any remaining template issues.

Edit: One major change that was made since 1.8.8 was adding the use of MyBB Post Codes (validation codes that improve security). These changes need to be made in the templates as well. See this thread for details on how to do this manually. Otherwise, you'll have login/registration issues after importing the theme.
yes main problem is under login and registration ..i want some good Dev to fix and need some changes to theme..
(2020-02-26, 12:35 AM)jayvikram Wrote: [ -> ]yes main problem is under login and registration ..i want some good Dev to fix and need some changes to theme..

Better get it recoded completely in similar design. That would be remove any possible bugs that you may encounter because of compatibility.