MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to delete users AND their posts at the same time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something that has been bugging me for, like, ever is the fact that I seem to be unable to remove spam users AND their posts at the same time. When I delete a user their crap stays. What I can do is to use "delete and prune users" but then I have to answer all those stupid question asking me the time frame and so on and from a mobile it is not handy (but it is always a nuisance). 
Can I not do it on one go?
I have been reviewing some threads, but they are all very old. I find it strange that this question has not been asked more often. Perhaps there is indeed an easy solution!
Thanks Wink
You can add google reCAPTCHA and enable Email Activation to avoid Bots on your forum (If you talking about bots)
About your question there is a button on each users profile (Purge Spammer) that you can banned him and delete all his posts
I already have done all that I can to stop the bots (Captcha, security question), but some still come through Sad

Where is "Purge spammer"? I cannot see it.

Ah, I have found it in the configuration menu. It reads:

Quote:Post Limit
This setting stops this tool being used on users who have more than a certain amount of posts, to prevent it being used on active members. Setting the value to 0 will disable the post check, however this is not recommended.

The value is currently set to 10. Not sure what I need to do here...
^ you can change that value to a higher number [eg. 100 or 500]
But what does it mean?
(2020-02-26, 07:47 AM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]But what does it mean?

It means users that have post count greater than 100 will not be affected.

I wrote a guide on spam prevention long time ago, you may find it useful
https://wallbb.co.uk/how-to-stop-forum-s...bb-forums/

Regards
WallBB
purge spammer button will be visible for users whose post count is less than set limit.

in general, a spam bot makes many new topics.
a spamming human adds replies to a number of random topics.

so purge spammer button makes it easy for moderators to combat spammers
Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification.
But where should this button be? Being set to 10 I should see it in operation already as my spammers leave just 1-2 replies.
^ button should be available below user's posts & also at the member's profile
Aaaahhhh, you find it on the board itself. I was trying to do it from the admin panel. I have seen it now Wink

It would be good to be able to do it from the admin panel too, though. I usually try to do everything from there. Also, it would be good to be able to review a user's post from the admin panel, but now all I see it the post count, so I need to do back and forth between the two : delete users from admin panel and delete posts from the board itself.
But at least I now know about "purge spammers". Can't wait to try it Big Grin