MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tell A friend not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the tell a friend mod but its not working. I just get a blank page. I tried installing 3 times, but no result.
See for yourself : http://egaming.covegames.com/tellfriend.php
And If you want to know, the location of my forums is http://egaming.covegames.com
The modification appears to work fine for me, as it correctly shows the no permissions page as I'm not logged in.

If the page doesn't load at all when you are logged in, I would hazard a guess that the templates have not been installed properly. Could you check your global templates list for the tellfriend template?
I actually ran the wrong templateinstall.php file, resulting in the foolishness.Sad
But, I want to ask another question. can this be done?

I got the Shoutbox mod installed, but instead of making it appear in a pop-up window, can I make it come in the forums homepage itself? Just like the welcome panel? A small box-like thing containing a list of shouts and a text box to type in the shouts and send. Can it be done??
Well, it would be easy to do for viewing shouts, but posting them :/ I'll see what I can do in a few mins.

Edit: Hmm, it will be a bit tricky to do actually. A bit too advanced for me. Anyone else here know how to??
I'm currently trying to install the "Tell-A-Friend" mod and can't find the following line in, well, any of the MyBB files. Should I look somewhere else?

<a href="stats.php">Forum Statistics</a>
myBB uses a templates system, so most XHTML/HTML is in the templates. All templates can be found at Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set expand* > Here they are.

Its just a matter of finding where the template you want it. In you case, Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set expand* > Index Page Templates > index > Near the bottom find
<a href="stats.php">$lang->forumstats</a>
Thats what your looking for (MM's mod is outdated)
This must be one I missed when I updated all the mods for RC4, but the code k776 posted is what you do indeed need to look for in the index template.