MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "CLOSED" button Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can someone make me a Mod to have a "CLOSED" button?

To explain what I mean:

In CLOSED threads, the Add Reply Button disappears. I want a mod that will give me a CLOSED button to replace the Add Reply Button when a thread is closed. So it will have:

CLOSED New Thread

-----thread contents----

New Thread CLOSED
me 2
I can create a modification which will allow you to show a closed image when viewing a closed thread, but my graphics skills aren't exactly brilliant so if I make this mod you may have to find your own image to use.
Always trying to help somehow:

[attachment=99]

Clearly its not the best, but it should do for a release, and if people dont like it, they can change it.

If you have any suggestions for it, let me know.

I kept the same style of text and icon as new reply has, but with a black X over it cause you cant reply. Looks ok to me.
But I think this shouldn't be a mod at all! It should be a part of myBB gold. It isn't some kind of extra feature, it should be there in myBB.
Well, I wouldn't care if it were included or not because I use the folder lock icon on forumdisplay.php, but it doesn't really increase the speed or preformance. If anything, it will probably make it slower. And it isn't something myBB needs, people can live without it!!

And finally, there are more important thing myBB needs, like a spell check, coppa, Admin CP changes, multiple word searching, Moderator CP (Gold?), convertors from other boards, WYSIWYG editor................................. the list goes on. All of the features will help myBB significantly, and bring lots more users to it hopefully.
I hardly think this is a "must have" feature for Gold. Personally I think I prefer it without.

Anyhow, I don't mind making this mod if it's still wanted. If the feature is added to Gold then the mod will be removed, if not, it'll stay. This feature can always be available. Wink
Please do! I need it SO bad. I'm sick of my Mods keep complaining about this...
Thanks in advance! And when its finished, where can we find it?

And I think it should be included in Gold. I mean, EVERY forum would have a CLOSED button telling the user that the thread is closed. Its a little weird just to have no buttons whatsoever. I already had users ask me whether or not this is a glitch.

But yes, I agree with k776. There is loads of other things that mybb has to improve on. As long as this remains available as a Mod, then I'll be happy. This software is great. I mean even the first four tries I think its better than Invision already. Its a few steps away from vB. Mod CP is ESPECIALLY important as well.

BTW, when is the Gold version coming out anyways?
Gold will be out as soon as it is ready. It's hard to give an exact estimate, but at the moment it looks like it could be released in late January.

The mod will appear on the front page of this site when it's released.
How is this going?

MM: I was PheonixWarrior, but I forgot my password and email address I signed up with, so I'm using this account.
Pages: 1 2 3