MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Field 'msn' error display when users register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when i try to run the query i get the following error
Error
SQL query:

ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY msn varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
MySQL said: Documentation

#1054 - Unknown column 'msn' in 'mybb_users'
try this query :
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD `msn` varchar(50) NOT NULL default ''
Which Relase 1.8.??

This field msn is not a field of the table anylonger - so correct for current version.
Then your php files may not be updated.

The solution .m. posted adds the missing field to the table to prevent #1054 error and will surely help for the moment.

To investigate this issue and the cause, we need to know what actions you did before?
Install, Upgrade, Merge, Manipulate? Anything else?
Let us know!

[ExiTuS]
i just click on SQL add the code and click go
nothing else
I'd like to understand...
(2020-03-01, 09:02 PM)nOkat Wrote: [ -> ]I just notice it,
This error display when someone try to register
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'msn' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`threadnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`yahoo`,`skype`,`google`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showimages`,`showvideos`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`sourceeditor`,`buddyrequestspm`,`buddyrequestsauto`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`notepad`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`,`dst`,`ougc_awards`) VALUES ('NAME','d2257d1ba2da813c8fa1d0953893de7f','yy1WV9JF','m73C6mLYgq49I8OWiZdwaF3l3ogh9sW6TFHbVn8ViYycCk9eoF','[email protected]',0,0,'','',2,'',0,'',1583096029,1583096029,1583096029,'',0,'','','','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'',0,'linear',0,'','',X'4f811416','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'',0,'')
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
what is msn?
=> the error message means that the msn field (not listed in the query) has no default value but exists in the table.
(2020-03-02, 02:42 PM)nOkat Wrote: [ -> ]when i try to run the query i get the following error
Error
SQL query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY msn varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
MySQL said: Documentation

#1054 - Unknown column 'msn' in 'mybb_users'
=> This say that msn field doesn't exists in the mybb_users... The opposite of the first error...

Can you post us the structure of your mybb_users table ?

@nOkat: can you give me your forum url to let me see the trouble plz ?
I restored my backup and now it fine,
sorry but i couldnt wait because i had some users that wanted to register
Pages: 1 2