MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Field 'msn' error display when users register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just notice it,
This error display when someone try to register
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'msn' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`threadnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`yahoo`,`skype`,`google`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showimages`,`showvideos`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`sourceeditor`,`buddyrequestspm`,`buddyrequestsauto`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`notepad`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`,`dst`,`ougc_awards`) VALUES ('NAME','d2257d1ba2da813c8fa1d0953893de7f','yy1WV9JF','m73C6mLYgq49I8OWiZdwaF3l3ogh9sW6TFHbVn8ViYycCk9eoF','[email protected]',0,0,'','',2,'',0,'',1583096029,1583096029,1583096029,'',0,'','','','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'',0,'linear',0,'','',X'4f811416','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'',0,'')
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
what is msn?
Hello,
msn is a default field that MyBB uses, it was (and still is, I think) part of Microsoft's services, though as far as I know it's not very popular now.
I believe that error is caused by MySQL running in strict mode - you will probably need to talk to your host to disable it, but some also offer options to disable it on your own. You can find more info here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html

Edit: Apparently it's added by a plugin, and not default -- in current versions, at least. Thanks Crazycat and ExiTuS for pointing that out Smile
ohh i will close the forum if this error continue because i dont understand all these
It shouldn't be too hard of an issue to fix.
You can most likely just contact your hosting provider's support, tell them to disable strict mode on MySQL, and that should be it.
They will not be availble for 4 days
If you can access to phpMyAdmin, execute the following query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY msn varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
But msn is not an "official" field in mybb_users, did you add a plugin wich added it ?
i got the same problem
Which version of MyBB are you running?
In current versions "msn" has been removed from table.

BTW. Edit your initial post and remove (or mask) the username and email address just for privacy purpose and to prevent spam bots find your mail adsress Smile

[ExiTuS]
I use 1.8
which email?
^ whatever is your MyBB version, you can follow suggestion given by Crazycat (post #6)
ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY msn varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

see also => SQL queries related guidance
Pages: 1 2