MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having to hit refresh to see new posts, updated posts, attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Some strange things have started happening with my board cardinalforums.com. 

New posts and updated posts aren’t showing up until hitting refresh. Same with attachments.

Threads aren’t being marked read properly. 

I can’t sign in and sign out properly. I sign out, it gives me the message I’ve been signed out and then goes right back to the board like I’m still signed in and then it will come up with a message saying I don’t have permission to perform this action but yet I can still do things. And then sometimes when I go to log out it says I’ve signed out, doesn’t give me that message and I can go right back to doing things still signed in. 

I didn’t change anything before this started today. I did have the site on cloudflare which I have removed after this stuff started happening.

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

I am on 1.8.6 which I do plan on updating after college b-ball is over as this is a college b-ball/fantasy team website.

Test user account is
looks like your web server is caching php files
check if replies here help. also contact your web host
(2020-03-03, 02:10 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like your web server is caching php files
check if replies here help. also contact your web host
Will do. Thanks .m. !

.m.

I just wanted to let you know that adding that entry in the link you referenced into the .htaccess file has solved the issues. This entry:

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate

I do have a ticket into my web host still to see if they can explain what has happened as well. Thanks!

I’m still waiting to hear what my host has to say, but could someone explain to me why this would start happening all of a sudden? The web server is caching php files?