MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about Menu Bar Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys! I'm trying my hand at creating a different theme for my forum, however I cannot figure how to change the menu bar color.... the standard blue one on MYbb default... I know it's probably staring me in the face, but need some help!! Shy
If we're both thinking of the same colour then it's the field marked "Menu Background Colour" in the theme manager.
MM, I would have thought so too!! But it doesn't change!!! Go figure!!! :suprised: Still remains blue, even though I've assigned color....D2B903.... Dixi
Hmm ok. :s

Just to make sure we are both thinking of the same thing, could you post a screenshot of the area you mean? Then we'll work on finding a solution. Smile
Here's Screen Shot:

[Image: mybbshot.jpg]

The colors that aren't changing are the "blues".

TY!!! Big Grin

Thanks dixi. Smile

It seems we did have our wires crossed there. The menu bar is the pink bar at the top of the forum with all of your links in.

From the looks of things, you've still got some images set for your theme that you no longer wish to use. For instance, the colour of the area that says "Welcome back dixichiq" is controlled by the colour you've set for the field "Welcome Panel Background Color" in the themes manager. However, below that field you'll see one named "Welcome Panel Background Image", in which you can specify an image to appear over the background colour of that bar. Make sure the "Welcome Panel Background Image" field is empty for your theme.

Similarly, the colour of the dark blue bar above your forums is controlled by the "Header Background Color" field in the themes manager. Make sure that the field below that, named "Header Background Image" is empty.

Finally, the colour of the light blue bar marking your forum categoris is controlled by the "Category Background Color" field in the themes manager. If you don't want an image to show over this colour, make sure that the "Category Background Image" field is also empty.

Hopefully, that should solve your problem. Smile