MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Public Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to have, I need to create a public page for my site. One that explains my site, one that is beautiful and exciting and draws new members in.

I have one category visible to guests and I tried to make it attractive but failed. So I made a theme just for that purpose and restricted all views of that category and forums to guests. But it just doesn't seem to work. I keep seeing it in other themes.

So, what are my options?

1. Create a new index page, one page for all themes, that explains my site and has a register button?

2. Make a public page on a free site and have a link to my full sight with a log-in / registration button?

3. Fix my Public Page theme so that it is the only one that comes up to non-members (aka guests)?

There are probably other options I'm not aware of. Can you suggest them to me?

I've tried my best according to my knowledge and experience and can't seem to make the Public Page theme work all the time. Any suggestions on that? Option no.1 sounds daunting and dangerous at my level of (or lack of) skill. I'm studying and practicing and progressing, and I would greatly appreciate your help/suggestions.

https://theprosestylist.net/

Test User 2
PW: MyBB12#$

Thank you for your time.
you can remove sidebar boxes & add guests relevant information in header_welcomeblock_guests template