MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help] - ProPortal -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i am using the following url (since i dont understand german all to well i couldnt figure out how to post on the mybb.de forums) 

https://www.mybb.de/forum/thread-30522-p...#pid230736

Trying to install but it's stuck on the following template i already tried setting the default template as default but that wouldnt help. 
[Image: RcAaPWg.png]
have you checked server error log ? latest entries might have a clue ...
(2020-03-07, 02:48 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you checked server error log ? latest entries might have a clue ...
I installed https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1082 and made a error.log file into my www folder .
And reinstalled everything (pro portal /mysql database table's) and the same thing happend nothing in the error log. Or did i make a mistake with the error log?
I recommend using Advance Side Boxes for whatever you want to accomplish. Proportal is just too old and it never worked as expected.
(2020-03-07, 07:07 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend using Advance Side Boxes for whatever you want to accomplish. Proportal is just too old and it never worked as expected.
Thank you will do that then i guess , can you tell me if i done the error log right ?
(2020-03-07, 07:20 PM)natsu2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-07, 07:07 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend using Advance Side Boxes for whatever you want to accomplish. Proportal is just too old and it never worked as expected.
Thank you will do that then i guess , can you tell me if i done the error log right ?

I think you did it just fine. I'm unsure how that plugin is suppose to work myself.
above referred Error Viewer plugin lists logged errors in forum admin panel

[tools & maintenance section --> view error log]

also error handling should be set at forum admin panel

forum admin panel >> Configuration [Settings] >> Server and Optimization Options
(see this image)

As Omar suggested,
it might be better to not use this unsupported plugin
and use well supported sidebox plugin for portal page

yet, if you need direct help with proportal plugin,
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel
& webhost control panel [access to files & database]
AND wait for my free time ...
(2020-03-08, 05:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]above referred Error Viewer plugin lists logged errors in forum admin panel

[tools & maintenance section --> view error log]

also error handling should be set at forum admin panel

forum admin panel >> Configuration [Settings] >> Server and Optimization Options
(see this image)

As Omar suggested,
it might be better to not use this unsupported plugin
and use well supported sidebox plugin for portal page

yet, if you need direct help with proportal plugin,
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel
& webhost control panel [access to files & database]
AND wait for my free time ...
Thanks for all the information so far .M. as for the direct access that will be  a little hard since i am just building it on my computer until i want to host and then rent / copy everything over  Big Grin

Error log was off so after i put it on and created the file (666/777) permissions even changed location to see if it helped so far it did not i got the following error when looking at the logs .
[Image: LT3Afy2.png]