MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra information at registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As part of the member registration process I would like to ask a question
Partly to reduce spam accounts and partly to make sure we are getting the right members for the forum. Where in the templates system can I add a question to be answered at sign up? And will I have to add anything else for the question to be answered and visible for the admins and moderators to approve? TIA
You can set "Security Questions" in Configuration section of the Admin-CP.
One of these will be questioned at the registration page randomly.

So "to reduce spam accounts and partly to make sure we are getting the right members for the forum" feel free to choose a set of questions like this:

Question: "How many holes are on a snooker table?"
Possible answers: "6", "six"

Question: "How many tires has a three axis double wheeled truck?"
Possible answers: "10", "ten", "12", "twelve"

Have fun in choosing your questions that fit your needs Smile

[ExiTuS]
I was wanting the question to be more open ended. More like a short paragraph. So we can read them and assess their understandings. Not necessarily a yes/no answer. We already have the anti spam security question.
You could always add a custom profile field and require it on registration, then set accounts to manual approval.

You can create custom profile fields at ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields (left sidebar) > Add New Profile Field - make sure to set Required and Show on Registration!

You can set manual approval at ACP > Configuration > Settings > Login and Registration Options > Registration Method = Email Verification & Administrator Activation (or just Administrator Activation).
(2020-03-08, 10:24 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]You could always add a custom profile field and require it on registration, then set accounts to manual approval.

You can create custom profile fields at ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields (left sidebar) > Add New Profile Field - make sure to set Required and Show on Registration!

You can set manual approval at ACP > Configuration > Settings > Login and Registration Options > Registration Method = Email Verification & Administrator Activation (or just Administrator Activation).

I have tried this but it does not show up when trying to register. And when submitting completed registration it then won't register anyone because they have not filled out the field that no one can see. I set it to be seen by all groups but it is not visible.
(2020-10-16, 10:24 AM)high_news123 Wrote: [ -> ]If you create the question for your website registration ...like
1)what is our company name??
a.mybb
b.phpBB
c.Highnews11

I have all the anti-spam stuff there. I wanted a space where they could write a short paragraph in their own words which gives us some information about the prospective member. And I can do that but it doesn't show up on the registration page, so I would like to make it visible.
Follow the process given by Euan T to have a custom field like the following:
[Image: dqf8AkU.png]
I just tested and it works
(2020-10-16, 11:11 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Follow the process given by Euan T to have a custom field like the following:

I just tested and it works
Fantastic! Yes it does now. Had a couple of things to add. Thank you!