MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Total views count incorrect after merging threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After merging 2 threads, the separate total views for each thread were not added together in the new merged thread.

I'm not sure this worked correctly before the new update as I had not noticed this issue, but had not merged many threads before.

In Show Thread Options, the Delayed Thread View Updates is off. Always was.

Have not tried Recount & Rebuild and rebuild the thread counters. I'd like to get some advice, first.

Is there any way to recover the lost views?
If not (which sux), what can be done to be sure thread views are totaled from now on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

https://therealstreamhub.site/index.php
Upgraded to mybb 1.8.22 on March 9, 2020
PHP Version 7.3.13
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.6.41

I may have found the issue....

In Moderator Tools > Thread Tools > Merge > Edit Thread Tool, there is a selection named "Recount & Rebuild? *".
This is set to "No". Should I set this to "Yes"?
Will it fix the lost view counts?

Thanks in advance.
do you have a custom threads merging tool & do you use it regularly ?
if so, setting "Recount & Rebuild" turned on will work for future custom threads merge.

lost view counts from earlier threads merging cannot be regained.
you may have to set a higher number manually through a SQL Query !

[common SQL queries]
I do have the custom threads merging tool, but have not used it regularly.

Thanks for the help! I will turn on the "recount & rebuild" box and look at the higher number through SQL Query.

Is there a way to manually add the lost view count? I do know approximately what the number was.
The Recount & Rebuild option was added because the count system of MyBB is frankly not reliable. Issues arise randomly and they are hard to track.
threads table of the database contains thread id (tid) & views columns.
based on thread id (tid) you can try modifying value of views column
(2020-03-10, 03:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]threads table of the database contains thread id (tid) & views columns.
based on thread id (tid) you can try modifying value of views column

Thanks, I'll give it a go.