MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Status Updates [In Dev]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2020-03-13, 04:30 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]A few things won't become ajax (pagination on the alerts page, for example).

It would be nice to eventually add infinite page loading (for profile pagination), probably by clicking a "Read more.." link instead of forcing autoload (stopping users of reaching the page footer, which might be frustrating).

(2020-03-13, 04:30 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Regarding the profile wall with buddy-only display settings? I was thinking something along the lines of having the "community status history" page do it. There'd be a setting, checkbox, or something of the sort to switch between all statuses, and buddy-only statuses. However, I'm open to other ideas with it as well. If we put it in the profile, would it be a "only buddies can write me statuses" setting? If so, that's definitely doable (and probably a good feature nonetheless).

What I meant in my last reply in this matter, is that it would be nice to add a new "tab" to load my buddies statuses directly in profiles (not automatically, that is the "tab" thing). I think this could add value to my own profile page which I think we as developers teng to pass on. I myself would like to add infinite page pagination in profiles for my awards plugin instead of forcing users to go to the "awards.php" page, which doesn't display all my other profile info.

Custom pages ("awards.php", "myachievements.php", "thankyoulikes.php", "newpoints.php", etc) should be limited to what doesn't fit profile pages (a full list of community awards, achievements, types of likes, shop items, etc). All my awards, achievements, likes given or received, bought items, etc. should be accessible within my own profile. Even reputation log should be accessible within profiles in-core IMO.

(2020-03-13, 07:59 AM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]hi Darth Apple please look at the picture that i have mocked up to get an idea of what i meant
so if people want to do a short reply they just use comment and use the reply if they want to write more

You are basically requesting a new feature enhancement for threads. Tho a nice idea I'd consider it out of scope at least for initial release.
I agree. Ideally everything will be ajax eventually. My main concern is getting the basics implemented well first, and we will go from there. However, that said, the good news is that the vast majority of the plugin's features are ajax already. Editing, deleting, like/unlike, comments, almost all pagination (with the exception of the alerts page), and so forth. This will be a significant advantage over previous plugins that required a page refresh just to change to the next page.

The main concerns for the release, as of now, are:
  • Organize the templates better (there is still some inline CSS, which I am working on removing before the github push).
  • Add moderator CP reports.
  • Work on alerts.
  • Need to add a hover, a popup link, or some other means for seeing who has liked a status. (Also, on that note, we should probably have a setting in the ACP for whether users can like their own statuses. Facebook allows this for some odd reason. )
  • Add, at the very least, support for honoring ignored users. (E.g. if Steve has blocked John, John can't post on Steve's profile.) Possibly a "buddy-only" tab on profiles as @Omar mentioned as well, which probably won't be difficult. Smile
  • Add better ajax for comments. (Currently, there is a "load most recent X" functionality when you load comments. There is a link to load all comments, but this should be a "load more" link, and not a "load all" link. I probably won't address this one before the dev code goes on github, so we'll have to figure out how we want to approach it. This one is definitely a high priority issue. )

The only remaining holdup to getting the code on github is that I need to finish reorganizing some of the templates and get them into the plugin file itself. Some of the modifications I've made in the past few days have been on my website only (and haven't been copied to the file itself). Once I finish reorganizing and refreshing the templates, I'll be able to go ahead and share the dev code as it is now. I'm very ready to go ahead and start using Github's issue tracker, as it is very convenient for projects such as these. Smile

@8guawong: Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying. I like the idea (stack overflow does this). Unfortunately, as Omar said, we won't be able to get this into the first release. It might be something that gets looked into in the future.
(2020-03-13, 05:52 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Ideally everything will be ajax eventually. My main concern is getting the basics implemented well first, and we will go from there. However, that said, the good news is that the vast majority of the plugin's features are ajax already. Editing, deleting, like/unlike, comments, almost all pagination (with the exception of the alerts page), and so forth. This will be a significant advantage over previous plugins that required a page refresh just to change to the next page.

The main concerns for the release, as of now, are:
  • Organize the templates better (there is still some inline CSS, which I am working on removing before the github push).
  • Add moderator CP reports.
  • Work on alerts.
  • Need to add a hover, a popup link, or some other means for seeing who has liked a status. (Also, on that note, we should probably have a setting in the ACP for whether users can like their own statuses. Facebook allows this for some odd reason. )
  • Add, at the very least, support for honoring ignored users. (E.g. if Steve has blocked John, John can't post on Steve's profile.) Possibly a "buddy-only" tab on profiles as @Omar mentioned as well, which probably won't be difficult. Smile
  • Add better ajax for comments. (Currently, there is a "load most recent X" functionality when you load comments. There is a link to load all comments, but this should be a "load more" link, and not a "load all" link. I probably won't address this one before the dev code goes on github, so we'll have to figure out how we want to approach it. This one is definitely a high priority issue. )

The only remaining holdup to getting the code on github is that I need to finish reorganizing some of the templates and get them into the plugin file itself. Some of the modifications I've made in the past few days have been on my website only (and haven't been copied to the file itself). Once I finish reorganizing and refreshing the templates, I'll be able to go ahead and share the dev code as it is now. I'm very ready to go ahead and start using Github's issue tracker, as it is very convenient for projects such as these. Smile

@8guawong: Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying. I like the idea (stack overflow does this). Unfortunately, as Omar said, we won't be able to get this into the first release. It might be something that gets looked into in the future.

ok looking forward to it getting added in the future Smile
Hey guys! a quick update...

Coronavirus and all that it entails threw my schedule to a frenzy. This thing is on a *brief* hiatus until I wrap up this semester. It's too big of a project for me to feel comfortable rushing.

The dev code is going to go up on Github the moment that I have a spare weekend to clean up the code, which should be in about 3-4 weeks. Once it's on GitHub, a number of people have expressed interest in helping to test and contribute, so it should be relatively quick to wrap up once the code is made public for beta testing. Smile

I will keep you guys updated!

Regards,
-Darth Apple
Hello all,

I'm here to share an exciting update. We've pushed a lot of developmental changes into the code base and finally have a public alpha that we are ready to share. Many thanks to all who have contributed to this project. We are extremely excited to be testing this plugin and to be getting it ready for release (the beta will be coming very, very soon).

This is not live forum safe at this time! We will have a much more stable beta in about 1-2 weeks or so. In the meantime, you can take a peak at what we've done so far on a development forum only and we will be making improvements very quickly! Big Grin

More information can be found on the github page/readme.

A special thanks to Omar G, Shade, Sawedoff, Tc4me, Eldenroot, and many others for their contributions and feedback. And a special thank you to WhiteNeo, who has kindly allowed us to base MyAlerts integration on his implementation within the Thank You/Like plugin! Smile
Hi, what about adding the feature to attach files to any status ? I think this might be useful, specially if administrators allow only images. Perhaps it could be an indecent (media manager) plugin that could be integrated with this.
congratulations nice job
I'm trying out the plugin as part of testing myBB, but I'm unable to see my posts even though I have the ability to type out something and post it. It says there are no status updates found. Is there a solution to this, or that there's a similar plugin that works such as being able to post many of their own comments/statuses that can be shown outside of their profiles?
Pages: 1 2 3