MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit forum icon padding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I change the padding or spacing for the forum icons?  I changed the font size to bigger for the icons but the spacing also grew on many of the forum containers.  See screen cap for reference.
for theme related issues, basically forum url & theme name should be given [theme should have access to guests]
CSS icons tend to have padding added to them as well. Please provide more details as .m. suggested.

It should be a simple CSS edit.
This is happening on Clean Pro theme on www.7173mustangs.com but the theme is hidden to all except admins.

ETA: I opened the theme up to guests...just change to FAST LANE in the theme changer at the bottom of my forum.
In your forumbit_depth2_forum template, update the .fstat class line-height value to lower than 450% or simply add inline style, like so:
style="cursor: pointer;line-height: 200%;"

BTW, I don't know what framework you or the theme is using but 1) such unfriendly class names are a mess and 2) adding both no-padding and padding-8px to the element classes makes no sense. But whatever..
(2020-03-13, 03:15 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]In your forumbit_depth2_forum template, update the .fstat class line-height value to lower than 450% or simply add inline style, like so:
style="cursor: pointer;line-height: 200%;"

BTW, I don't know what framework you or the theme is using but 1) such unfriendly class names are a mess and 2) adding both no-padding and padding-8px to the element classes makes no sense. But whatever..

Thanks!  That did the trick!  (All the code is from the theme author, net me...LOL)

I did find one more issue...how can I move the nav items over to allow a little more room for my board logo?
TBH somebody else will need to assist you with that. I checked but CSS isn't my forte, specially when it is so unfriendly like that theme.

Maybe .m. can assist you, cross your fingers Smile
You can check in the attachment that updating a CSS value fixes it for wide screens. However, as you shrink the page you see the hassle of increasing the padding value to 100px.
(2020-03-13, 04:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You can check in the attachment that updating a CSS value fixes it for wide screens. However, as you shrink the page you see the hassle of increasing the padding value to 100px.

That worked!  All I needed was 20 more px to space the link hover effect away from the logo.