MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 error, subsciptions, usercp2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

After searching before posting, I halfway solved my problem, but an error remains.

This issue is with the theme I'm using, which has a "subscribe to this thread button." Originally, the button immediately returned a 404 Not Found error. However, after searching, I read that the problem may have been with the template still referencing usercp2.php, so I found all the instances that I could find via search to change them to usercp.php.

Now, the button works and takes me to the area where I select the notification type for the subscription. However, now when I click on "subscribe to thread" after selecting a notification type, the 404 Not Found error returns and this is where the forum tries to go to;

https://pa2a.org/forum/usercp2.php

So I assume that somewhere something is trying to redirect the action of the "subscribe to thread" button to usercp2, but I am not sure where to look. I scanned the templates referenced in my earlier searching, but I'm coming up empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Justin

AAAAND, I solved it using the "inspector" tool on the button. I'm new to using that, but found that in the usercp_addsubscription_thread, there was an instance of usercp2, and when corrected, everything is working fine now.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.