MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: " turns into "
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some users with issues when a user uses quotation marks " in their thread, then it turns into:
"

Im not able to recreate it myself when adding it and previewing my reply, however, it seems to have happened with the code block using DVZ code.

Is this an aware problem? Im on 1.8.21

Temporarily, I just added a word filter for " = "
I've also seen this on PMs generated by thread subscriptions.The truncated post that is included in the PM results in this in some cases.
(2020-03-15, 10:39 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I've also seen this on PMs generated by thread subscriptions.The truncated post that is included in the PM results in this in some cases.

Its very unpleasant, especially if its included in the piece of code, it will break the entire code from those mistakes and I was wonder why my members have been wondering why some code hasnt been working properly
have you updated forum recently ? if so see this guidance
(2020-03-16, 02:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you updated forum recently ? if so see this guidance
i use a custom sceditor, not the default. I have been on 1.8.21 since release, and just now noticed the issue. 
I think the steps in that thread require for default, not if it was custom, unless I'm wrong
Quote:... just now noticed the issue
referred guidance might not be applicable

have you recently added dvz code tags plugin ?
may be its code needs modifications -- unsure ..
(2020-03-16, 03:17 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:... just now noticed the issue
referred guidance might not be applicable

have you recently added dvz code tags plugin ?
may be its code needs modifications -- unsure ..

I've had DVZ code tags for around 5 months now. I never noticed this problem before so I'm not sure if it happened at the start or if there is interference somewhere
Hi,

any URL?