MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBcodes of images, will they increase the size of database quickly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just to recap, the size of the data stored when using BB Code (or in fact, any text) is calculated like this:

character count * bytes per character = total size

So, for [img]https://www.tenchar.domain[/img] in UTF8 (1-4 bytes per character) would be between 36-144 bytes-- even multiplied times one hundred images posted per day, the database size increase would still be negligible.
(2020-03-17, 10:13 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can edit the task & set Time: Minutes to 15
however, it might be better to set it to 30

Okay, I set to 30.

(2020-03-17, 12:32 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Just to recap, the size of the data stored when using BB Code (or in fact, any text) is calculated like this:

character count * bytes per character = total size

So, for [img]https://www.tenchar.domain[/img] in UTF8 (1-4 bytes per character) would be between 36-144 bytes-- even multiplied times one hundred images posted per day, the database size increase would still be negligible.

Although my query was resolved and it wasn't the images. But thanks for the info. So, its safe to have lot of images.
(2020-03-17, 02:02 PM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Although my query was resolved and it wasn't the images. But thanks for the info. So, its safe to have lot of images.

Just to be clear, I am saying that it is fine to have BB Code images in the database— even a lot of them. The images themselves are stored elsewhere-- if they were being stored on your site, then it might be an issue.
(2020-03-17, 02:25 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-17, 02:02 PM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Although my query was resolved and it wasn't the images. But thanks for the info. So, its safe to have lot of images.

Just to be clear, I am saying that it is fine to have BB Code images in the database— even a lot of them. The images themselves are stored elsewhere-- if they were being stored on your site, then it might be an issue.

The images are stored in a third party site such as the Imgbb.
Pages: 1 2