MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cannot log out properly - cookie problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, all! i have been having some issues with my forum at https://morrowrpg.net. it was working just fine for a while, no complaints, but at some point a few weeks ago - and i'm not sure exactly why or how this started - i started having problems with logging fully in and out.

once i've logged in, it essentially won't let me leave unless i clear my cookies. i'm redirected to the "You have been successfully logged out." page, and then i'm taken back to find that i am still logged in. if i refresh the homepage, i appear as a guest again, but if i go to any other page, i am once again logged in, or maybe i'll go somewhere and it'll show me as a guest yet again. it seems to be random. if i try to log in as a guest on the homepage, it lets me plug in the credentials, and then i am told: "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

i created a visitor account (username "Visitor", password "visiting") so that you can see some of what i mean. it's slightly different on that account than it is from the admin account, for some reason - it'll still tell you that you're a guest on some pages once you've logged in. but it still won't let you log out properly.

i did some digging around and it seems this may be a cookie problem, but my settings seem about right: the cookie domain is ".morrowrpg.net", the cookie path is "/", and the cookie prefix is blank.

this is all the latest version of mybb 1.8. it's super bizarre, and i got so frustrated with it that i tried wiping the database clean and reinstalling mybb altogether. when that didn't work, i reached out to my host and had them do a full reset, thinking maybe i had deleted something by accident. nothing helped. any guidance, dear strangers?
(2020-03-23, 07:06 PM)swoonsing Wrote: [ -> ]if i try to log in as a guest on the homepage, it lets me plug in the credentials, and then i am told: "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

Does that happen on MyBB's default style? See https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html

(2020-03-23, 07:06 PM)swoonsing Wrote: [ -> ]i'm redirected to the "You have been successfully logged out." page, and then i'm taken back to find that i am still logged in. if i refresh the homepage, i appear as a guest again, but if i go to any other page, i am once again logged in, or maybe i'll go somewhere and it'll show me as a guest yet again. it seems to be random.

Try setting Send No Cache Headers to Yes (Configuration → Settings → Server and Optimization Options).
oh, man, i think that second suggestion may have just fixed it. i did a bunch of navigating about and no problems! what a simple solution, i feel a little silly. thank you so much, you're a lifesaver.

the tokens in the article you linked were already there, but i appreciate it nonetheless. :-)