MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin can't post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I log in to https://totalwpoptimization.net/ I can't post on the forum. I don't get the 'Post Thread' button. But I can do everything else in the admin back office. I probably did something but I don't know what...
can you login as a ordinary member & post a new thread ?
(create a test user account if required to check the issue)
(2020-03-24, 02:40 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you login as a ordinary member & post a new thread ?
(create a test user account if required to check the issue)
Yes I can.
Are the board permissions set for administrators to be able to post in each individual board?
Hi,

you have a Recaptcha problem in your forum and I can't even register. The key it's not valid.

Chek in Admin Control Panel -> Configuration (Tab) -> General Configuration -> reCAPTCHA Public Key & Private key if they are the same as the Google's ones
(2020-03-24, 08:01 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

you have a Recaptcha problem in your forum and I can't even register. The key it's not valid.

Chek in Admin Control Panel -> Configuration (Tab) -> General Configuration -> reCAPTCHA Public Key & Private key if they are the same as the Google's ones
Yeah - sometimes only. Haven't looked into it yet so I turned recaptcha for now in instead.

(2020-03-24, 07:58 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Are the board permissions set for administrators to be able to post in each individual board?

Yes all permissions are ok.

Tried to create another admin - same problem.

When I log in and go back to the forum it looks like im not logged in. I get the: Hello There, Guest! Login Register.

Cookie problem?
basically I'd suggest to remove www from board url
change it directly at Site Details page of configuration section at forum admin panel
after changing it,
clear your browser cookies & close browser, reopen it and try login
Hi,

I register in your forum and I have the same problem. Please copy/paste the forumdisplay_newthread  template of your theme here.
<a href="newthread.php?fid={$fid}" class="button new_thread_button"><span>{$lang->post_thread}</span></a>

(2020-03-25, 03:12 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically I'd suggest to remove www from board url
change it directly at Site Details page of configuration section at forum admin panel
after changing it,
clear your browser cookies & close browser, reopen it and try login

Thanks for the idea. I tried it but no difference...
basically login problem should be resolved first then group permissions should be checked.

do you have login problem at forum level only ? are you able to login
directly to forum admin panel & navigate around without any problem ?