MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reply first, before viewing text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

i have yet another request.

Before you can view a reply/topic you first need to reply.
If you didn't reply, you will see this:

Sorry, you first need to reply first before you can view this

Once you replyd, you will see the normall text.

Ofcource admins/mods can bypass this by pushing the edit button.
But remember, that users can't see the text even when quoten, and didn't reply yet

i would code all of this myself, but i'm not yet familiar with mybb Smile

Ofcourse is this all optional
I will wait for this mod it look very nice mod
So, you're looking for a mod that hides the text in a topic until you've replied to it?
musicalmidget Wrote:So, you're looking for a mod that hides the text in a topic until you've replied to it?

bingo Smile
but its gotta be optional.

With phpBB it was in an UBB. It worked very well.

i will try looking @ it myself... to see if i can make it
It doesn't make sense. How would you know what you are replying to if you can't see the text in the topic?
That's exactly what I was about to ask. At first I thought I had understood you wrong.

What would be the purpose of such a mod?
musicalmidget Wrote:That's exactly what I was about to ask. At first I thought I had understood you wrong.

What would be the purpose of such a mod?

lets say somebody posts some information where he would like some credits for.

So he makes a topic

puts the information that you would get after replying between [hiden] tagen tags.

He reply's. He gets the information.
Ah ok, so it would be a new kind of myCode?

There was a discussion on the official forums a long time ago about this kind of mod. Somebody requested something similar, and because of how such mods are often installed on warez boards to hide illegal information, it was decided that any member of the forum found to be distributing that kind of mod would be instantly banned.

Although that was a long time ago, I'm pretty sure that the rule still applies, and on top of that, I personally don't want to be the one that creates a popular tool for promoting warez, so this is something I won't ever make, nor will I approve any such mod which is submitted to this site.

I know that probably sounds quite harsh, and I'm by no means accusing you of anything, but you can probably see how such a mod could be abused.
Well, what about a polling thread type thing. You can only see the first post, and anyones post below it are not shown till you reply. And once you reply you cannot post again or edit your post (your locked in the thread)

What this allows is a thread discussing something, and you make one choice and you can't change it. See what I mean??

(this is what I though it was when I say the thread)
musicalmidget Wrote:Ah ok, so it would be a new kind of myCode?

There was a discussion on the official forums a long time ago about this kind of mod. Somebody requested something similar, and because of how such mods are often installed on warez boards to hide illegal information, it was decided that any member of the forum found to be distributing that kind of mod would be instantly banned.

Although that was a long time ago, I'm pretty sure that the rule still applies, and on top of that, I personally don't want to be the one that creates a popular tool for promoting warez, so this is something I won't ever make, nor will I approve any such mod which is submitted to this site.

I know that probably sounds quite harsh, and I'm by no means accusing you of anything, but you can probably see how such a mod could be abused.

Ok no problem Smile
But its actually for a tutorial site/forum where i first would like some credits, before somebody can read the entire tutorial.

But if its illegal, then OK Smile
Thanks anyway
Pages: 1 2