MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple cash mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just made a simple cash mod. This is my first mod for myBB. Only downloaded/looked at myBB yesterday so if it sucks, please be kind ^_^;;.
I've modded for phpBB before and this new layout of code takes some getting used to.
I wondered where all the template files were to begin with :|. Then I realised Shy. It's annoying trying to insert something into the template without semi-complex string manipulations. Oh well.

If people try it out and think it's good then I'll get to work on more features for it.

I'm also working on a mod that will auto install mods when put in a special format. It is (a copy?) of the one for phpBB but using my own system. I've got it to read the change file, make the corrections, backup the old changed files. Just need to add mod removal and mysql stuff Confused

It's an automatic Mysql installer since a static one wouldn't be much use. Uses the Mysql database config from your global file.

Tell me what you think peeps if it works that is ^_^

EDIT: Sorry if I have to submit the mods first before I post it. Please PM me if this is the case and I'll submit it Smile

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot to include the main file -_- =/ added to new zip file
Thanks decswxaqz. Smile

You don't have to submit this to the main website, but it's generally a better idea than submitting it to the forum as more people visit the main site. Wink

I'd be interested to talk to you about this automatic mod installer. I started work on a similar thing a while back but unfortunately I haven't had enough time to develop it much.
I'll download it, and try it at home on the most reliable host ever.... 127.0.0.1 (?)
There is one bug I found. Please see http://www.mybbmods.com/forum/showthread...92#pid1292
I like the fact that you have a "Would you like to close your forum whilst you update it?" option Smile
Smile Static sql statements aren't much use using the layout of myBB database. So I just decided to create a file that did the sql in a dynamic format. So why not include an option to turn the forum off? Smile

I'm not sure if it works though. When I tried it, it didn't work, but in theory it should work....
decswxaqz Wrote:I'm not sure if it works though. When I tried it, it didn't work, but in theory it should work....

I didnt use it, i just kept it open, however its working fine... its on my site. Big Grin
I used it, it works for me...