MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Install - cant log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - Please assist. I have just gone through the install process (first and fresh install) without any glitches but when trying to log in to the Admin CP it tells me "The username and password combination you entered is invalid."
I am very sure there were no typos in entering the info so I try again, and again, until I am locked out.  I follow instructions to have the admin account unlocked, get the email with the required username and activation code, enter this into the fields as per the second link of the email and then get the message telling me the activation code is invalid.  It is exactly as received in the email....
What am I missing?
what is your forum url ?
is it made from a single click installer available from web host control panel ?
(2020-03-30, 11:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url ?
is it made from a single click installer available from web host control panel ?
Just PM'd the URL to you and no, the install was from a download here today (the ZIP file) and then as per the installation instructions under MyBB Documentation.
Thanks
referred issue was due to browser automatically filling up secret pin at the end of installation !