MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how i move "Logout,User CP" to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how i move "Logout,User CP..." to right side?
and "Welcome Back..."
And "Contact Us,MyBB,Return to TOP..."

all to right side...

thnx.
Well my site isnt working so I don't know if this is all correct so I will try to do this off the top of my hand

ACP / "Templates" / *Template Name* / toplinks (and toplinks_admin and toplinks_member)

That's where you can find the "Logout, User CP, Admin" links and for the "Contact Us,MyBB,Return to TOP..." part

ACP / "Templates" / *Template Name* / footer

Now, take those links from the footer and place them on any or all of the "toplinks" templates...what you then do is I think you find "<ul>" and replace it with "<ul align=right>"

I'm not sure if it's all correct as my site isn't working at the moment sorry.
its incorrect...it not moved...:[
ok. Done this heaps of times myself (follow steps exactly).

Open Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set exand* > toplinks, toplinks_admin, toplinks_member. In each one, find:
Quote:<li> and change to <li style="float:right">

then reverse order of links, eg:

Login
Register
MemberList

into

MemberList
Register
Login

(not doing the second step will make the links all in the wrong place).
Next, open Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set exand* > footer, and do the same steps as above.

Then open Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set exand* > header_welcomeblock_member, And in the beggining
Quote:Insert <div align="right"> and at the end insert </div>

There is an alternate way to do with the theme system and such, buts for me, thats the easiest. Enjoy.
thank you very much..that works perfect.
can i have your ICQ in PM?

if i need some help ill call you...Rolleyes
sorry for double post but...have a template file where
i can pass in one second from left to right?
like in IPB and PHPNUKE ect...?
I have ICQ, but I dont know it off by hand. And if you need to contact me, feel free too via PM here at the forum please. Or post a message on the board.

As for the second part, as said in another thread somewhere, wait for myBB Gold. You'll be able to easily do that then. ATM, it can be done, but I dont know how. Probably headerinclude template or something.
This was great to know. Thanks for such an easy tutorial k776.
Hmm, well I tried this... Only seems to work if you view it as a guest (for the top nav). When you view it as a guest it seems to be on the right, where we are trying to get it Big Grin
I tried modified toplinks_member, hoping that would do it, but no, no success there.
I forgot to edit toplinks_admin Big Grin Once again sorry for posting before realizing my mistake
How can I edit the header (the gray area) to show something similar to vB for guests?

You know where it says " You are currently viewing our boards as a guest... etc.".

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Just made a tutorial for you and ut it on my site. You can find it here:
http://k776.ivolvehost.com/MyBB-Mods/?a=viewtut&tid=3
Pages: 1 2