MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am testimg myBB, I found this shoutbox mod and i tried to install it but in the install.txt file i found text I was a litlle lost of. Shy excuse me Im just beginner. I dont know how to actually install the template and even, and thats worse, how to use then. I didnt find any page with some example. I understand that it should be something like chat mod. But after installation (I dont know if it was correct and succesful) I didnt find any link to open popupwindow with shoutbox.

Excuse my inexperience and help. Please.

I'm gradually going through all of the mods that I've created and making the intallation instructions a little easier for new users. Unfortunately, this one is still to be done.

How far through the installation process have you gotten so far? Has the shoutbox.php file already been uploaded? Have the dbupdate.php and templateinstall.php files been successfully executed and deleted yet?

For the final step of the installation, you need to login to your administration control panel and navigate to the modify/delete templates section. From there, click "Expand" next to the "Default Templates" set, then again click "Expand" next to the bold heading "Index Page Templates". Then you simply need to open the index template up, look for the code mentioned in the installation file and paste the new line after it. Smile

Let us know if you're still having trouble. Wink
I did it. Everything should be ok. But where do I find some link to Chat?
sorry, I see now. THANKS!!!
The link should appear next to the "Forum Team" link at the bottom of the index page. Wink
Another thing, is there any possibility to change settings? Like not to display those edit and delete links?
There isn't anyway to do this without removing those links from the shoutbox templates. That would make it very difficult for your users to edit or delete shouts that they've made.
I just think somethink like: Once shouted, forever shouted. When somebody deletes his shouts the meaning of all discussion is unreadable.

Thanks for your help!! Bye for now.
Maybe this should help:

find: (twice)
		$shout = $db->fetch_array($query);
		if($mybb['uid'] != $shout['uid'] && $mybb['usergroup'] != 4 && $mybb['usergroup'] != 3)
		{
			nopermission();
		}

Change to: (twice)
		$shout = $db->fetch_array($query);
		if($mybb['usergroup'] != 4 && $mybb['usergroup'] != 3)
		{
			nopermission();
		}

Now, only supermods and admins can change or delete the shouts (mods can't).
Now..., how can i put one online list in the shoutbox? (showing only the users on the shoutbox)