MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spacebattles-style Threadmarks feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin that implements a Threadmarks feature for MyBB similar to that found on Spacebattles.com?  In short, it's a kind of in-line table of contents for selected posts in a thread.  The context in which it's used on SB is threads mixing an original story and commentary by readers; the threadmarks for the thread would point to installments of the story so that readers who want to can skip the intermediate chatter.

Thank you!
(2020-04-06, 01:08 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a plugin that implements a Threadmarks feature for MyBB similar to that found on Spacebattles.com?  In short, it's a kind of in-line table of contents for selected posts in a thread.  The context in which it's used on SB is threads mixing an original story and commentary by readers; the threadmarks for the thread would point to installments of the story so that readers who want to can skip the intermediate chatter.

Thank you!

My community came from a Xenforo forum too where we had the same plugin for our stories and I REALLY need some replacement when finally switched to mybb. And I find a solution... not the best but at least it doesn't require a plugin so can be implemented at the moment.

Mybb has a Threaded mode that displays the actual post and makes a list of all the thread post. By default, every answer is label as RE: Thread title. But... if you modify the quick answer or respond via Reply post and title your post... this title will be feat in the threaded mode. So, when you publish an actual chapter, just label as that.

Then, you'll have something like this
https://ibb.co/ZVCfJKM

So, in this way you can label what is a chapter and all the RE are commentaries. I suppose that with the css you can improve the visual aspect of your chart.
Thanks. I'm not sure if that will appeal to my users, but it's certainly a doable solution.