MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB : 1364 SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

Im receiving an error on mybb forums and Im guessing that it was because I installed a bad plug in. The error reads as : 

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1364 - Field 'myforumicons_icon' doesn't have a default valueQuery:INSERT INTO mb_forums (name,description,linkto,type,pid,parentlist,disporder,active,open,allowhtml,allowmycode,allowsmilies,allowimgcode,allowvideocode,allowpicons,allowtratings,usepostcounts,usethreadcounts,requireprefix,password,showinjump,style,overridestyle,rulestype,rulestitle,rules,defaultdatecut,defaultsortby,defaultsortorder) VALUES ('1-2 Punch Battle League','ff','','f',4,'',1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,'',1,0,0,0,'','',0,'','')
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Can anyone explain this to me? It wont allow me to add new forums or categories to the forum itself.

Thanks,

- Corleone
Can you disable the plugin from the ACP?
(2020-04-06, 06:57 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Can you disable the plugin from the ACP?

I disabled the plug in, and was forced to delete it from the file directory on godaddy.coms' installatron but the error continues to read as is.
basically the problem is due to strict mode of your database server.
you might get such errors while installing a number of plugins.

it might be better to try disabling strict mode by using query like :
set sql_mode='';

[SQL Queries guidance]
(2020-04-06, 07:04 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically the problem is due to strict mode of your database server.
you might get such errors while installing a number of plugins.

it might be better to try disabling strict mode by using query like :
set sql_mode='';

[SQL Queries guidance]

And how would I go about doing that? I'm not too experienced with dealing with SQL queries. Is their another simpler way to go about handling this issue?

By the way, I followed every instruction you've gave me and Im still seeing the exact error.
can you run below SQL query & check if it helps
ALTER TABLE `mb_forums` MODIFY COLUMN `myforumicons_icon` TEXT NOT NULL default '';
(2020-04-06, 08:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you run below SQL query & check if it helps
ALTER TABLE `mb_forums` MODIFY COLUMN `myforumicons_icon` TEXT NOT NULL default '';

Its still reading as error :

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `mb_forums` MODIFY COLUMN `myforumicons_icon` TEXT NOT NULL default ''

MySQL said: [Image: dot.gif]
#1101 - BLOB/TEXT column 'myforumicons_icon' can't have a default value
you can delete 'myforumicons_icon' field as you have removed the plugin files

try this query
ALTER TABLE `mb_forums`  DROP COLUMN `myforumicons_icon`;
(2020-04-06, 10:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can delete 'myforumicons_icon' field as you have removed the plugin files

try this query
ALTER TABLE `mb_forums`  DROP COLUMN `myforumicons_icon`;

I've searched throughout the entire directory on PHP and I cannot find the field titled, ' 'myforumicons_icon'

Oddly so, the error is reading that the key exist so I am assuming it is somewhere around but I cannot find the directory to delete the field. Can you direct me to the exact directory on where I could find this field so that I can delete it?

I entered the query anyways to see if the field had existed, prior, so that I could track the file down or in hopes that it had not existed at all, being that I could not find the file and the report reads as displayed below. Thus, I was able to find out the that the field possibly does exist, but I still was not able to input the query to which you've gave me.

The responsive error reads as :

Error
SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `mb_forums`  DROP COLUMN `myforumicons_icon`

MySQL said: [Image: dot.gif]
#1091 - Can't DROP 'myforumicons_icon'; check that column/key exists
does the error still exists ?
Quote:1364 - Field 'myforumicons_icon' doesn't have a default value
Pages: 1 2