MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Log Filling Up and Crashing Web Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,
I manage a MyBB with over 1.4 million posts and the site has heavy traffic. I have APC enabled for caching, but some of the cache functions don't work (i.e. $smilescache) as in they are null value. This causes errors when being fed into PHP's functions and constructs thereby filling up the mybb_errors.log file. When this file grows to 10s of GBs it eventually crashes the entire VM because there is no more disk space for the database. The temporary solution has been to use logrotate and trim down the file size but I need a real fix. Is there a way to completely disable mybb error logging? The problem is when an error gets logged, it logs entire pages since the code variables are dumped.

Thanks!
you can disable MyBB error logging at Server and Optimization Options of Configuration section in forum admin panel
(2020-04-07, 04:31 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can disable MyBB error logging at Server and Optimization Options of Configuration section in forum admin panel
I've had that option set to off for quite sometime but errors are still being logged. Is this a setting that gets stored in cache and defaults to on?
Try also setting Error Logging Medium to Neither (visible when Use Error Handling is On).

Settings are cached in inc/settings.php.

We're going to take a look at how much information is added to log files: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3924