MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go bac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly my mistake, got confused about the password and reset it on the host server.

Right! here is the member login code:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->login}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<br />
{$inline_errors}
{$member_loggedin_notice}
<form action="member.php" method="post">
<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}"/>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->login}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->username}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" size="25" style="width: 200px;" value="{$username}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->password}</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->pw_note}</span></td>
<td class="trow2"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" style="width: 200px;" value="{$password}" /> (<a href="member.php?action=lostpw">{$lang->lostpw_note}</a>)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="2" align="center"><label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label></td>
</tr>
{$captcha}
</table>
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->login}" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$redirect_url}" />
<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
So as far as I can see I have entered it correctly.
I also looked at the others and 'error_nopermission' and 'portal_welcome_guesttext' had the new line in twice?

Having made these changes I can only login as Admin now, as all other attempts do not show any error, but return an empty login box?

Does this mean that it needs 2 entries in these files?

Please help?

Have reinserted the above lines, but still no joy!

I have tried logging in as suggested in a previous post:
www.1066mfc.co.uk/MyBB/upload/member.php?action=login
but I get the Authorization Code Mismatch message.
How does this help?
I need to get to the bottom of this as it renders our forum useless and our members will lose interest an not use the site.
What else would stop the login from working correctly?
Still having some problems!
There are 3 things I need explaining.
1)
When I login, usually the first time, it logs in, but still gives the error mssage that this post is about! Why?
2)
on one occassion I logged in with a test account, and got the above mentioned error, and it did not login. I then tried again and instead of logging in for the test account it logged in with my non admin login account, which is crazy???
When I tried the third time it logged in correctly! What the hell is going on?
3)
When I log out and then relogin again instead of the normal login box an opaq dark screen appears with a login box, if I close this box the normal login box is behind the dark screen. What the hell is this about.

I never had all these problems when I first set it up with an older version in 2017. All these problems have been with this newer version. I have set this up for a club that I am a membership secretary for and I think, they are beggining to say this software is crap!
(2020-04-10, 05:20 PM)thudson Wrote: [ -> ]1)
When I login, usually the first time, it logs in, but still gives the error mssage that this post is about! Why?
2)
on one occassion I logged in with a test account, and got the above mentioned error, and it did not login. I then tried again and instead of logging in for the test account it logged in with my non admin login account, which is crazy???
When I tried the third time it logged in correctly! What the hell is going on?

Looks like it's related to the cookie path - currently set to /Mybb/upload/, while the directory you use in URLs is /MyBB/upload/ (different case).

You might want to eventually move it to e.g. /forum/ for convenience.
(2020-04-10, 06:10 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-10, 05:20 PM)thudson Wrote: [ -> ]1)
2)
on one occassion I logged in with a test account, and got the above mentioned error, and it did not login.  I then tried again and instead of logging in for the test account it logged in with my non admin login account, which is crazy???
When I tried the third time it logged in correctly!  What the hell is going on?

Looks like it's related to the cookie path - currently set to /Mybb/upload/, while the directory you use in URLs is /MyBB/upload/ (different case).

You might want to eventually move it to e.g. /forum/ for convenience.
That different case is a 'Red Herring' that is not the normal URL that the website uses.
However, to enable me to show a consistant look, I load the page as shown below:
<?php # MFC1066 - Forum.php
// This is the main page for the site.
require_once ('includes/config.inc.php');

// Set the page title and include the HTML header:
include ('includes/header2.html');
//This include loads the Mybb app in an iframe
include ('includes/forum2.html');

// Include the HTML footer file:
include ('includes/footer2.html');
?>
Here is forum.html:
<div id="iframe">
<iframe src="/Mybb/upload/index.php"style="width:1100px; height:1800px"
scrolling="yes" align="left"</iframe>
  </br><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></br><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
</div>
Could this have anything to do with my problems?
Also, can someone explain the extra opaque overlay with a second login box on the same page?  This only happens when you click on login and if you scroll down the page there is a login bow already on the page.  You can't see the box because of the message comes before the login box.
More questions:
Under the welcome bar there is a link which basically just reloads the page you are seeing, underneath that it says Board Message.
Does this refer to the message underneath or can you add a message there?
Why does it display this message when you first enter the page, as it looks like an error message, but you have not logged in yet because you have only just got there!
Why is there a login link in the bar when below there is a box displayed allowing you to login?
All these extra links confuse users, including me!
Is this a bug?
Pages: 1 2