MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: convert ipb 4.3.6 to mybb error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please help. I'm trying to convert ipb 4.3.6 to mybb and I have this error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1366 - Incorrect string value: '\xCE\xBF\xCF\x85\xCE\xBC...' for column dwsgjekm_mybb.mybb_privatemessages.message at row 1Query:
OK, seems it's a bug of the merge system.

Please read the latest reply.

Try to change line #51:
$insert_data['message'] = trim($this->bbcode_parser->convert($data['msg_post']));
into:
$insert_data['message'] = encode_to_utf8($this->bbcode_parser->convert(utf8_unhtmlentities($data['msg_post'])), "message_posts", "privatemessages");

And please report back if it's working and if any converted private message has issues. Thanks!

Have been reported to GitHub: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/issues/245
is it possible to merge from IPBoard v4.4.5 to mybb ?
(2020-04-09, 07:23 PM)redwineiii Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to merge from IPBoard v4.4.5 to mybb ?
Should be fine.
Thanks, go ahead and now I have this error.

Private Messages
172 private messages are importing right now. There are 0 private messages left to import and 0 pages left.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'dwsgjekm_mysat.message_posts' doesn't exist
Query:
SHOW CREATE TABLE message_posts
(2020-04-10, 12:23 PM)dimi1967 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, go ahead and now I have this error.

Private Messages
172 private messages are importing right now. There are 0 private messages left to import and 0 pages left.

SQL Error:
Query:

Sorry, I read the wrong file. Please make changes to /boards/ipb4/privatemessages.php based on the original file:

Try to change line #51:
$insert_data['message'] = trim($this->bbcode_parser->convert($data['msg_post']));
into:
$insert_data['message'] = encode_to_utf8($this->bbcode_parser->convert(utf8_unhtmlentities($data['msg_post'])), "core_message_posts", "privatemessages");

The table should be core_message_posts.

And please report back if it's working and if any converted private message has issues. Thanks!
will I make privatemessages.php changes to the file?

Sorry but I'm getting the same error again

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect string value: '\xCF\x8C\xCF\x81\xCE\xBF...' for column dwsgjekm_mybb.mybb_privatemessages.message at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_privatemessages
(2020-04-10, 12:56 PM)dimi1967 Wrote: [ -> ]will I make privatemessages.php changes to the file?

Sorry but I'm getting the same error again

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect string value: '\xCF\x8C\xCF\x81\xCE\xBF...' for column dwsgjekm_mybb.mybb_privatemessages.message at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_privatemessages

Yes, /boards/ipb4/privatemessages.php should be modified. Have you edited the file correctly?

By the way, what's the table encoding for your MyBB installation?

Another change might be also needed:

Change line #49:
$insert_data['subject'] = $data['mt_title'];
into:
$insert_data['subject'] = encode_to_utf8($data['mt_title'], "core_message_posts", "privatemessages");

And still, change line #51:
into:
$insert_data['message'] = encode_to_utf8($this->bbcode_parser->convert(utf8_unhtmlentities($data['msg_post'])), "core_message_posts", "privatemessages");

No, I have the same error ... the utf-8 base

[Image: bd.png]

go ahead, I have another error now.

SQL Error:
Query:
Have you done the edits correctly? Could your paste the file content of /boards/ipb4/privatemessages.php?

Quote:/boards/ipb4/privatemessages.php should be modified:

Change line #49:
$insert_data['subject'] = $data['mt_title'];
into:
$insert_data['subject'] = encode_to_utf8($data['mt_title'], "core_message_posts", "privatemessages");

Change line #51:
into:
Pages: 1 2