MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox not showing up after putting plugin in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am very new pardon me not knowing, i want to install a shoutbox to my site but it does not appear after uploading to server and enabling plugin in acp. I am aware of the styles.txt file but am not sure where to put it
{$dvz_shoutbox} should be added to index template of the theme [above {$forums}]
AND content from styles.txt should be added to global.css stylesheet of the theme

note: edit the stylesheet in forum admin panel (through themes section) AND in advanced edit mode (tab)

remember hard refreshing your browser [eg. press CTRL + F5] on forum index after saving changes to the stylesheet

[MyBB Templates system]
pardon me being so new but where do i findĀ {$dvz_shoutbox} ?
^ it is the plugin's variable. should be added manually to index template of your forum's active theme
find {$forums} in index template and add {$dvz_shoutbox} before it
should be like below
{$dvz_shoutbox}
{$forums}

see also : MyBB Templates System
Thanks so much for that help where exactly in global.css do i put the styles
^ in advanced mode, that content can be added at the bottom of global.css
Quote:edit the stylesheet in forum admin panel (through themes section) AND in advanced edit mode (tab)
and also in index template i am clicking on the subfile called index and there is no variable called $forums
^ which theme you are using ? can we have your forum url ..
see this image => Link
titanhack.xyz and i am using dark emerald theme
^ you can add {$dvz_shoutbox} after {$header}
Pages: 1 2