MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install direct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had to delete my old message board, since Dreamhost did some upgrade that is not compatible with my old version of MyBB. When I uploaded the new MyBB files to install the newest version of MyBB, I got this error: 

Error

The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue"

I read previous threads about deleting the "lock" file in the "install" directory, but there is no "lock" file. 

What do I do?

Thanks. You are the best guys!
If there is no lock file, it likely hasn't been refreshed or is an odd issue with the file browser you are using. However, if it's just the install directory, what does it do if you delete the old install directory and re-upload it?
Thanks.

I use FileZilla for my FTP. I used Safari, Firefox, and Chrome to try the install. Nothing works. It keeps saying that it is locked. I deleted the "install" directory and tried to install it. It still says it is locked. I uploaded the install directory again, and it is still saying it is locked when I try to install it.

What can be done now?
not sure why "lock" named file is not displaying in your filezilla

you can delete the file from "install" named folder before uploading

or you may PM me your filezilla login details to check
you can change your login credentials later
There is no lock file in the install folder after I downloaded it from MyBB.
yes. you are right.
so you can delete existing "install" folder through filezilla & re-upload from the install pack
(2020-04-11, 11:31 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]yes. you are right.
so you can delete existing "install" folder through filezilla & re-upload from the install pack

I did it. Nothing happens.
^ would you like to PM me your filezilla login details to check
you can change your login credentials later
Thanks, but it would be too dangerous.
^ in that case, it would be better to request your web host support technicians to help.
Pages: 1 2