MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spell checker mod! (image attached)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am just finishing a Spell Checker mod, that will support Aspell or Pspell or a PHP windows extension or free 3rd party spell checking!

1. The Aspell or Pspell version runs on any MyBB board supporting both windows and Unix/Linux!

2. a all windows version, a PHP extension that adds a full spelling server to the PHP backend!

3. a free 3 party spell checker service for all MyBB users that are on shared hosting or can not install the other options on their server!

It supports 17 languages both for spell checking and the interface! It has grammar checking and built in lookup a word dictionaries for (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese), the other languages support only spell checking, they include (Swedish, Russian, Norwegian, Finnish, Turkish, Danish, Greek).

I am looking for some people that would like to help me test it on different setups! I am just finishing the admin panel after I would like to give it to some people that can test it. I am also need some help with the language files as I only know English and French! I have most of the translation done, but having someone native to each language will make the interface much better!

It comes with a complete auto installer/un installer supporting MyBB 1.0 RC4, it backwards compatibly to PHP 4.2 but was designed for PHP 5.

Some features

1. personal dictionaries
2. auto correct common misspellings
3. sort hand dictionaries (my words) -> (space)t(space) = the
4. ignore HTML/URL/EMAIL/SCRIPTING/MyBBcode
5. report double words (the the )
6. Suggest (Case -> french -> French)
7. grammar checking -> herd = heard

So if you want to help or be a beta tester please PM me! I will tell you the information I need and then setup CSV account so you can download the beta for your server type!

c, ya...

abc
nice Smile
I can do the dutch one. I've co-translated MyBB RC4 with Tochjo.
Smethead Wrote:I can do the dutch one. I've co-translated MyBB RC4 with Tochjo.

its already build mate Smile
Awsome, really looking forward to this mod Smile
wow! this mod looks awsome.