MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Today I was trying to set up automated no-reply SMTP mail on my forum, however it doesn't work and it gives out errors.
I'm using Yandex for Domain to do this.

My settings:

Hostname: smtp.yandex.com
Port: 465
SMTP user: [email protected]
SMTP pw: (user pw)
Encryption: SSL.

These are the errors which appear on Tools & Maintenance:

With SSL encryption: "Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 0:"
With TLS encryption: "The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message."

I'm also using Cloudflare, but I've disabled protection for mx and other mail-related things.

How can I get this thing to work? I can succesfully connect with Yandex SMTP & IMAP on desktop mail, but MyBB won't send any emails when details are entered.
Hi,

(2020-04-12, 07:15 PM)CoolSummer300 Wrote: [ -> ]SMTP user: [email protected]

As Yandex say:
Quote:To access the email server, enter your Yandex login and password (or use the application password if you have two-step verification enabled). If you are configuring email delivery from a mailbox such as “[email protected]”, your username is the first part of the address before the “@” sign. If you are usingYandex.Mail for Domain, enter your full email address as the login.

I think that "no-reply" it's not your user login, and maybe it's the reason of the error.

Please check in General configurations the return/sender address if it's the same too.