MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easy Install (Auto mod install)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is pretty sexy.. Compliments to you Wink

The only disadvantage I see is requiring all files to be edited to be chmod writable, which can pose as a security risk. Also maybe some issues with safemode and file ownership.. Undecided

Anyway, looks pretty cool.

- Chris
Well in the new version (v1.0.2), which I guess you have, should help resolve this. You can change what the permissions are set to by editing admin/ei.php.
It all depends on your server setup. My host lets me run PHP as an Apache module or as a CGI based thingy. If I run it as CGI then I only need to change permissions to something like 0711 and it works. But for most people it will need 0755 or 0766. You should experiment with the settings till you get the best settings.

And thanks for the compliment. First one I got ^_^ (:wink: to the rest of you Wink)
For some reason, I can only upload 2 files, which i have to browse to again. When running an sql, I also need to upload the file again and it doesn't even work, because it uploads to the wrong directory Sad
What are you trying to do? Install a mod or make a mod file?
If you are installing a mod, which one so I can take a look at it.
I tried to make a EI script for the searchbot identifyer, http://www.mybbmods.com/view.php?did=71. The file is in there too, so you can see what i have now. The code changing works fine, but uploading and sql doesn't
Problem fixed.
Uploaded new version to the first post and main site (might need some time for MM to confirm/update it).

Thanks to smethead for pointing out some errors.

If you've been using my sql install file as a template then there was a problem
Quote:if((!defined('EI_SQL_NSTALL')) || (defined('EI_SQL_INSTALL') && EI_SQL_INSTALL)){

should be
Quote:if((!defined('EI_SQL_NSTALL')) || (defined('EI_SQL_INSTALL') && !EI_SQL_INSTALL)){
Pages: 1 2