MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Private Password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bah I've been working on this rather pesky mod for awhile now and I'm coming to a close at what to do.

I'm trying to tie in a mixture of both setting the password via admin cp and also enabling it and disabling it. But I'm having trouble just making it login when it's supposed to and not login when it's got a password that is wrong. I need help!

I'm NOT done editing it so you may find some missing things I may need for it to work

What I'm asking for is...how would I be able to show a small text field when logging in the admin area when I 'enabled' it in through the admin cp, and how would I be able to set the value on that text field to be set the same as the one configured via the admin cp, and if the wrong password was placed in, it would give an error and not login.

I have uploaded a copy of the global.php file of which I'm SURE is the right file to edit.
I don't get what this mod does?
If enabled, you will have an extra password field when trying to log on the admin cp. It's a security feature that makes you input a second password before logging in.

You can set the password via the admin cp.
I see. You was right, it was all in global.php.

I've made the mod for you. You are welcome to take this mod and claim it as your own if you wish (since you gave me the idea).

EDIT: Updated attachment
wowie...with all of the modification you put into that, I don't think I can credit myself for having this. Anyways, I was wondering...is it compatible with your Easy Install mod?
Of course it is! Wink hehehe. I put it in the readme file. Wouldn't be much use making any my mods not in that format would it? Wink

And you can take it. Just remember to change who created it in the install file Toungue
Ahh...hey I was wondering, where do I go about changing the private password?
hehehe. Yes... erm... Toungue
I have never got round to looking at the edit user panel.... heheh
I'll have a look....
decswxaqz Wrote:hehehe. Yes... erm... Toungue
I have never got round to looking at the edit user panel.... heheh
I'll have a look....

Would it be easier to embedded the code of changing the password via the php files themselves or tie in a settings created via the admin cp of which will house the field of changing the password?
Added field in user CP to change private password....
I'll look later into how to recover the admin password (like normal password) but for head admin only...
Pages: 1 2