MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email not sending after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded to 1.8.22. The forum seemed to work OK after the upgrade, except that attempting to register lead to a blank page. The page is member.php but is just a white page.

Examination of the error log shows this error at the time of registration:
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'PhpMail' not found in /inc/functions.php on line 585

I'm supposing that the email failure is the cause of the blank page? But what has happened with the upgrade to cause the email issue?

I was using a custom theme, but I'm now using the standard theme (to discount it being a theme problem) and have no plugins. I haven't changed anything except upgrade to 1.8.22

Could it be anything to do with the authorisation mismatch error that I had to correct on the custom theme? I don't see how that would be because the standard theme results in exactly the same problem.

EDIT: I've changed the mail method to SMTP and now it works fine. Although of course that doesn't explain why the upgrade meant PHP mail stopped working?
can you log into forum admin panel ? if so
run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?
forum admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

probably inc/mailhandlers/php.php file is missing or corrupt
Hello. Yes you are right.

When I run that it says:

inc/mailhandlers/php.php Changed

So I reuploaded the file in question from the upgrade pack and now it says:

Congratulations! No corrupt files have been found on your installation.
^ check whether member registration works now ..
Yes, member registration works now.

Thank you for your kind assistance.