MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Notes on users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
bah I can't get it to work. There are only like 4 edits on two files so I'm sure I've gotten the right edits and I ran the modinstall.php file but I can't see it! Where is it supposed to be at? I made a small blurb on a test user and viewed it's profile but nothing!
are you shure you edited the right template part?
Do I edit the "Member Templates" -> "member_profile" template?
Cory Wrote:bah I can't get it to work. There are only like 4 edits on two files so I'm sure I've gotten the right edits and I ran the modinstall.php file but I can't see it! Where is it supposed to be at? I made a small blurb on a test user and viewed it's profile but nothing!

You don't see that in the profile, just in the Admin CP
Bill Wrote:
Cory Wrote:bah I can't get it to work. There are only like 4 edits on two files so I'm sure I've gotten the right edits and I ran the modinstall.php file but I can't see it! Where is it supposed to be at? I made a small blurb on a test user and viewed it's profile but nothing!

You sure? As the modification details says this:

Quote:Administrators can view these notes on that users profile page, and the notes are hidden from all other users.

If we can only see them via the admin cp, then what was the point of editing the member.php file and having to edit the member_profile template? (of which is used to view a users profile)
Cory Wrote:Do I edit the "Member Templates" -> "member_profile" template?

yup
Cory Wrote:
Bill Wrote:

You sure? As the modification details says this:

Quote:Administrators can view these notes on that users profile page, and the notes are hidden from all other users.

If we can only see them via the admin cp, then what was the point of editing the member.php file and having to edit the member_profile template? (of which is used to view a users profile)

I have to admit a good point Smile
This modification is very old so it's possible there's a new incompatability issue arisen that I haven't yet detected.

Unfortunately, I haven't got enough time to investigate this issue at the moment, but I'll have a play with the mod in the morning and see if I can find what the problem may be. Smile
How old is old? If it's THAT old, then I suggest taking it out of the RC4 category....
It was made for RC2 originally (I think), and it was updated to work with RC4. However, as a security update has since been released which affects the member.php of MyBB which this mod uses, it's possible that a new bug may have arisen but not yet caught my attention.

As I said, I will investigate and report back any solution as soon as I possibly can.
Pages: 1 2