MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Engine Bots on online.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone could make a similar mod to that on the Messenger Plus! Forums so that Search Engine bots like Google, MSN and Yahoo are shown, rather than just as a guest.
I might take a look at it, but if someone else wants to do it, just do it Smile
I'm still having a busy time
I was going to have a look too... but how would you test it? ConfusedConfused
I've got some EI problems to sort out.
I can test it on my online test-forum. It's already online for 2 months i think. The bots are already visitting Big Grin
Ok, there are some more testers needed, because it takes too much time to test it on my own. Anyone who has a mybb RC4 powered forum and who is willing to help me with this. Install the mod, and report any bugs found here. If you found a bot that isn't identified, do an ip lookup and post the ip and the hostname. Bots that should be identified: Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AltaVista, Ask Jeeves.
does this make them appear in the online list on the forums index?
Aaron Wrote:does this make them appear in the online list on the forums index?
No, but I'm working on that Smile
Edit: Well, I made it, and it works. I even added Admin options, but I'm not satisfied yet. There is still something wrong with the colours and i want to make it so, that it won't show ..., Google Bot, Google Bot, Google Bot, Google Bot, ... but ..., 4 Google Bots, ...
Off course, this will be disableable in the admin options Smile (if it works)
First of all, sorry for the double post, but this way everybody will now that the mod is finished. I can't post the mod itself yet (still have to make an installer), but I CAN post screenshots of how it'll look like.:mrgreen:
[attachment=155][attachment=156]
Click thumbnails to enlarge
EDIT: I made some stupid typo: "People who can see invisible members can also see invisible guests" should be "People who can see invisible members can also see invisible searchbots". But this isn't really in the mod it's just PAINTed on it :lol:

Smethead

This mod has not been tested with real searchbots. The bots shown on the images are me, connecting through different ip's
Smethead Wrote:I even added Admin options, but I'm not satisfied yet.

neither am i (when making mods)... it just burns your mind... :lol: