MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postbit background (need help;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Hope you are all doing great :) I would need someone to shed a bit of light for me. Basically, what I am trying to do is lower down the opacity and add some gradient linear to the background on postbit_classic tempalte. I have tried both adding into global.css and inside the postbit_classic codes, but does not work the way I need. Unless i am missing some codes/symbols??? 

And here is how I made the background on postbit:
I created custom profile field, copied the ID I needed and added code in postbit_classic template  after <div class="post_author scaleimages" so the full code looks like this: 
<div class="post_author scaleimages" style="background: url({$post['fid10']});no-repeat, center;background-size: cover!important";>

It works perfect, but there are still a few more things I am trying to achieve: lower down opacity and add gradient (as I would like to have similar effect like here: https://gyazo.com/3873bb5137019c9bb7b27b5ac9f92eab )

When I tried to put opacity and gradient codes into postbit_classic it applied on both background and avatar and all the statistics, which I don't need. I have also tried playing with global.css but it seems like I can't get the right code?? Is there any way to avoid css and add some sort of code into postbit_classic so it would take effect only on the background that user chose himself? I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong.. 

Note1: i also tried using profile picture plugin, but my page is crashing when I try to enable it for some reason, so I'd like to avoid it unless you have other advise. 
Note2: if you need my website, I can PM you so you could possibly play with global.css by inspecting it. 

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Edit: problem solved :)
(2020-04-15, 03:41 PM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this would help https://community.mybb.com/thread-226672.html

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have seen this tutorial and followed, but I have made a few adjustments as specifically this way is not working well. Meaning the image covers username and I cannot click on it nor the avatar. Unless there are more settings that needs to be attatched?
Most likely it's something to do with how your postbit looks etc. If you want DM me and I can help you fix it, also do include a link to your board so I can see the source of the fault.

- Good day