MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB site crashing?? New user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I recently installed myBB with freehosting .My domain is www.factbase.eu

It was working fine earlier on today but when I'm logged in the session times out and my domain seems to crash. This happened a number of times . The site is still down.

Can anyone advise please?

Confused Huh Huh Lightbulb Lightbulb
Can you provide us more information about your hosting
Your site appears to be working at the moment. If you could take a screenshot of what it is your seeing, that might help.
(2020-04-18, 05:35 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Your site appears to be working at the moment. If you could take a screenshot of what it is your seeing, that might help.

Hi Euan T

Thanks for prompt reply. I attached a screenshot. I'm just seeing a message from the registrar and not myBB forum.
Regards

(2020-04-18, 05:31 PM)Xalysis Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide us more information about your hosting

Hi Xalysis
I'm using freehosting.com. My domain points to that.

Can you advise? HuhConfused

(2020-04-18, 05:35 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Your site appears to be working at the moment. If you could take a screenshot of what it is your seeing, that might help.

The site is down for hours.  Do you think it's a problem with myBB installed files or with my registered domain? If I reinstall myBB will i lose all data from earlier including members on my forum?

Regards
Maybe  I'm late to the party, but I'd check your hosting management panel if you can't reach your forum. Seems to be up now with new activity since your initial post.

cheers...
Free hosting tends to put thousands of websites onto a single server. As such, it naturally gets overloaded and has performance issues.

Might be good to use something like CreateMyBB (free) or find an inexpesive web host such as Ramnode or Hostgator? It would probably be much more reliable.
Definitely have to agree with Darth Apple here, in the hosting world you get what you pay for. If it's free, chances are it's limited and unlikely to be very good.

If you're looking for free hosting that is reliable please PM me and I'll provide you with more information.
I started building websites on free hosts, I would recommend you to find the most reliable over resources offered or popularity.

Don't go with the fancy ones that seem to offer unlimited everything, go with the one that works for you and try not to over load it so it will last long. Focus on creating content and your users will follow you wherever and whenever you move.
I’m going to second Omar on this one. Unlimited never means unlimited. There’s always a limit and they will always suspend you if you go over it. If you get one that’s not unlimited, you know where those limits are. It takes the guesswork out of it.