MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature not showing in some threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found a weird bug in my site where some signatures dont show up on some threads. It doesnt seem to have to do with postbit templates or the category, but it affects all users that write in  a thread. Some threads in the same category will be just fine, and i can confirm these users are having signatures. 

Any known causes from this? I'm on 1.8.21 , but not sure when this started to happen as it seems to be in random threads. Cant find anything in console either
Can you also confirm the checkbox "Signature: include your signature. (registered users only)" is also checked for those threads/posts?
(2020-04-21, 04:39 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Can you also confirm the checkbox "Signature: include your signature. (registered users only)" is also checked for those threads/posts?

This actually doesnt exist in my quick reply. This would make more sense, and can possibly be the issue. It can be that the code was removed from our quickreply.

--Snipped my template codes--
in the newthread template , add {$postoptions} before {$modoptions}

similarly {$postoptions} should be available in newthread template & editpost template

And {$option_signature} should be available in showthread_quickreply template
you can try adding it before textarea code

however, it would be better to contact the theme coder ..
(2020-04-21, 07:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in the newthread template , add {$postoptions} before {$modoptions}

similarly {$postoptions} should be available in newthread template & editpost template

And {$option_signature} should be available in showthread_quickreply template
you can try adding it before textarea code

however, it would be better to contact the theme coder ..

Seems like it was missing in some templates which could have caused the affect. I added the necessary variables (specifically in showthread_quickreply as that could have been the cause) and will see if it occurs again. Is there a query I can run to enable all posts to show signatures by the way as a temporary fix to previous sigs?

Edit: With a quick test post, seems like it worked. Just if there is an sql query I can run to enable the option for already created posts
change signature option at user control panel should be having below options
 Enable my signature in all of my existing posts.
 Disable my signature in all of my existing posts.
 No action.
if first option is selected then that would apply for all existing posts
existing signature can be saved again with the option enabled.

related template : usercp_editsig [in user control panel templates]
related code from MyBB Stock Theme :
<span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="enable" />&nbsp;{$lang->enable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="disable" />&nbsp;{$lang->disable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="0" checked="checked" />&nbsp;{$lang->leave_sig_settings}</label></span>

SQL queries (for all users)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showsigs` = '1' WHERE `showsigs` = '0';
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `includesig` = '1' WHERE `includesig` = '0';

SQL queries for a single user
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showsigs` = '1' WHERE `uid` = 'x';
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `includesig` = '1' WHERE `uid` = 'x';
(2020-04-21, 08:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]change signature option at user control panel should be having below options
 Enable my signature in all of my existing posts.
 Disable my signature in all of my existing posts.
 No action.
if first option is selected then that would apply for all existing posts
existing signature can be saved again with the option enabled.

related template : usercp_editsig [in user control panel templates]
related code from MyBB Stock Theme :
<span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="enable" />&nbsp;{$lang->enable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="disable" />&nbsp;{$lang->disable_sig_posts}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="updateposts" value="0" checked="checked" />&nbsp;{$lang->leave_sig_settings}</label></span>

SQL queries (for all users)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showsigs` = '1' WHERE `showsigs` = '0';
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `includesig` = '1' WHERE `includesig` = '0';

SQL queries for a single user
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showsigs` = '1' WHERE `uid` = 'x';
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `includesig` = '1' WHERE `uid` = 'x';

Everything is fixed and as it should now. Thanks!