MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default theme not showing for guests.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-04-24, 01:19 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]When you say it appears as a theme you uninstalled a while ago, what do you mean specifically? Could be a number of things. It's hard to tell without really taking a look.

In any case, if the cookie prefix settings were "wrong," it probably wouldn't let you log onto the forum, but resetting the prefix basically forces it to reload and re-create all cookies for all users on the forum. So it can help if bad cookies are causing issues from previous configurations. The downside is that it will also log everyone out of the forum and force them to re-log in, so it's not ideal to change it unless you have to.

I'd probably change it though, simply because clearing the cookies resolved certain issues on your end. If there were issues for you, I'd imagine some other users have had the same issues, so it's good to force them all to clear just to be safe. There may be some other issues going on as well, so it'll take some further looking into. Smile

So i installed the Alpha Gaming theme and it looked fine the first times, but now when i install the theme, it looks like a theme i installed before i installed the Alpha gaming one.

It looks like this now,
[Image: Capture.png]

when it was suppose to look like this, but with the logo, image and forum icons changed.
[Image: Capture2.png]

Basically i wanted to install the Alpha Gaming theme with some changes, meaning i wanted to change that Crisys image for the Mario one, change the logo, and forum icons.

Too do this i tried first replacing the directory images in filezilla for the ones i wanted, using the same name, and refreshing the page.

that didn't change anything,

then i tried, deleting the theme again in the "Themes" menu, and import it again.

no changes, 

then i tried going to the Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode and see if something was wrong.

nothing, every name was correct, but i noticed when editing changes here, (i was trying to also change the forum icons because the position was wrong) it would not change anything in the page.

so i went and tried editing the xml directly with notepad,

Then i found a way around it, the Crisys picture was named "mainpic.png", so i edited the theme xml to say the picture was named "mainpic2.png" and the image i wanted to replace the Crisys one with i would also name "mainpic2.png", and deleting the "mainpic.png" one from the filezilla directory and importing "mainpic2.png" to the same directory.

this seemed to make the website think it was a new picture, so it would replace it.

so to continue to edit the page i would have to keep renaming images to other names, meaning everytime i would make a change i would have to rename the .png to something else, and edit the xml, delete the old theme in the "Themes Menu", Delete the templates for it, and reimport the theme. Quite annoying i might add.

i managed to get the page too look how i wanted using this method,

but know i have this issue, where it default to a theme i don't even have installed in "Themes" anymore, nor do i have the files in the directory in filezilla, but somehow it manages to find the files and display them in the page. Even after i completly reeinstalled myBB.

The one in the first image is the "Igame" theme, wich i don't have installed in the "Themes" menu, and deleted the templates for the theme in the "Templates" menu, nor do i have the files anymore in the filezilla directory, and the theme i imported was the "Alpha gaming.xml" file for the "Alpha gaming" theme, but when i set it to the default theme, that shows up.

i don't know if i'm making any sense, but its driving me nuts, and i can't find a way to fix it.

oh and the times it worked i found that problem, where guests would not be able to see the site. But that already as an explanaition.
Pages: 1 2