MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Activation Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I merged my forum, which was previously on SMF. Went smoothly, but I ran into a problem with spam accounts. Switched registration to Email Activation and changed my security question. Haven't had a spam bot since.

However, I keep getting a notification that 10 accounts are awaiting activation. They're all accounts of members of my forum who have were on the forum before the merge even occurred. Some with hundreds of posts. I've going through the Admin CP several times now telling it to grant Admin Activation to everyone. Next day it's back to telling me they need activation again. Same 10 people each time.

One of them is a generic Moderator mule account. I went through the emails for it and all it's gotten are emails stating an admin has activated them.

What's causing this? And how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
You can try running the Recount & Rebuild tool under the Tools & Maintaince section in your ACP.
The problem persists. When I Recount & Rebuild it reverts my members back to the Newbie membergroup, which is meant to be what people default to when they join until reaching 25 posts.

Now there are more listed as not activated.
The Recount tool reverts your whole memberlist back to the Newbie group?

I haven't done much work with the Merge System, but if you could PM me an admin account details I can log in and try and figure out what's going on for you.
It reverts a good chunk of them to Newbie. I've had to manually change membergroups back to what they're supposed to be several times today after activating their accounts and after the recount tool.

PM sent. Hopefully, you can figure it out. I'm at a loss.
Seems to be resolved to me but I can't check that people are still in the correct usergroups. Check the PM I sent with the list of unactivated users I found. The notification for unactivated users is now gone and doesn't seem to be coming back.
Thanks for looking into it! I'll check it periodically today to see if it comes back again or not.

Sooo... not fixed. Sad

I tested by creating a new account to see if they'd become a Newbie or Member. They're a newbie, but now it says there are 9 users awaiting activation again.

I have it set to Email Verification for new users, so I don't know why old users are being flagged as "Awaiting Administrator Activation".
I have just logged in and had another look at this.

I again activated the accounts in the list and then rebuilt the cache for awaitingactivation. Then signed up with another test account and was shown the red bar but only said 1 user is awaiting activation. After confirming my email address there is now no bar shown for any accounts awaiting activation.

Can you let me know if this comes back? It may be easier to send me a PM incase I miss this thread.
So this one had came back after my previous post. I had investigated further and the issue seemed to be that the groupid for "Awaiting Activation" group was set to 18 when the default for MyBB is 5. The board had another member group under groupid 5 so the code was pulling everyone from the member group and displaying them as Awaiting Activation in the ACP and the forum header. I manually adjusted the groupid for both groups resulting in Awaiting Activation becoming group 5 and the member group was assigned a different groupid. I then moved all of the members to the new user group and rebuilt the cache for awaitingactivation.

Seems to have resolved the issue for now but will update this post if that isn't the case.