MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating myBB into a free website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been reading post after post for several pages and there are so many complicated things people want to do while integrating this program into an existing website. I don't want to do any of that stuff. All I want to do is have the full forum "as is" load into a designated page on my website (using html) rather than in a new tab or browser window. (So it is nicely nested between my website header & footer. I am using the Livebooks platform. It does not use iframes. I just need a simple javascript to pop it onto a page, so that once selected on the main menu, a person will come to the forum as if it's just another page on the site.  I don't need a separate login page or anything that.

Here is the actual page whereI need to display this forum:  https://thequeerhaven.com/the-network/discussions

There was a forum here before, but it was a plug and play supplied by WebsiteToolbox.com for a stinging $79/mo. They gave me a simple javascript snippet that I copy and pasted into a simple html page. I was hoping I could do the same thing here.
MyBB can be integrated in a way you want but that will be a lot of work where you need to do customizations.

Use something like createmyBB where the forum will be hosted at CreateMyBB or self host it. A solution like websitetoolbox is currently not available with MyBB.