MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board closed but allow user registration.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So looking for a simple feature I missed or way to achieve it.
Any similar ways are also welcome, preferably with as few plugins or edits as possible.

Can I close the board (the standard Board Closed setting) but still allow user registration? Maybe exempt member.php from being closed or some other method?

Thanks in advance and no biggie if it's not doable, was just curious.
No!
As long as the board is in closed mode, no guest is able to register.
BTW it makes no sense Smile
You can set permissions to specific groups (e.g. guests) to allow viewing a closed board - then it would be possible to register. But this will make the board closure nonsense.

What's you real intention?
Do you want to completely hide your forums... but for registered users!?
Then open your forum again and set all forums/subforums to be displayed to members group only.

[ExiTuS]
I suppose this should be possible with a plugin (check if the board is closed and if the user hasn't permission to bypass it then tweak the settings on the flay or something similar). But I would do this with a simple patch using the Patches plugins instead.

Open global.php and find the following:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L1080
$closed_bypass = array(
	'member.php' => array(
		'login',
		'do_login',
		'logout',
	),

Change to:
$closed_bypass = array(
	'member.php' => array(
		'login',
		'do_login',
		'logout',
		'register',
		'do_register',
	),

Please confirm if it works as expected.

(2020-04-27, 09:22 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]BTW it makes no sense Smile

What makes or what doesn't make sense depends on individual needs. I assume you don't mean to be rude but please try to be more kind when replying to other's inquiries.
(2020-04-28, 12:07 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose this should be possible with a plugin (check if the board is closed and if the user hasn't permission to bypass it then tweak the settings on the flay or something similar). But I would do this with a simple patch using the Patches plugins instead.

Open global.php and find the following:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L1080
$closed_bypass = array(
	'member.php' => array(
		'login',
		'do_login',
		'logout',
	),

Change to:
$closed_bypass = array(
	'member.php' => array(
		'login',
		'do_login',
		'logout',
		'register',
		'do_register',
	),

Please confirm if it works as expected.

(2020-04-27, 09:22 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]BTW it makes no sense Smile

What makes or what doesn't make sense depends on individual needs. I assume you don't mean to be rude but please try to be more kind when replying to other's inquiries.
Would I get the exact same result by making a backup of global.php and simply adding those two lines?
Seems a faster solution if it is and MyBB's file verification is always the failsafe.
^ of course, you can add it manually without using patches plugin.
plugin was suggested for easy tracking of code changes. it is not a must.