MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lock the SCEditor and unlock if afterwards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to lock the SCEditor and unlock it after the user selects the thread prefix.

I am new to MyBB, sorry... Confused
I know you mean a thread prefix is required for posting a thread. Sorry I don't have a quick solution for your idea which involves JavaScript.

However, there's a workaround for your idea that will probably force users to choose a thread prefix when posting threads in a specific forum. In AdminCP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management, select the forum you want forcing users to choose a prefix for editing settings, check this option Yes, require a thread prefix for all threads on.
(2020-04-28, 06:09 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]I know you mean a thread prefix is required for posting a thread. Sorry I don't have a quick solution for your idea which involves JavaScript.

However, there's a workaround for your idea that will probably force users to choose a thread prefix when posting threads in a specific forum. In AdminCP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management, select the forum you want forcing users to choose a prefix for editing settings, check this option Yes, require a thread prefix for all threads on.
Actually, the reason I need this is not to force the user to use prefix because I am using the plugin called "Default Message" which is very good and I have a default message for each prefix and if they enter something before setting the prefix - everything would get deleted after they pick the prefix later... :(
(2020-04-28, 03:14 PM)YukiN Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the reason I need this is not to force the user to use prefix because I am using the plugin called "Default Message" which is very good and I have a default message for each prefix and if they enter something before setting the prefix - everything would get deleted after they pick the prefix later... Sad

Ah, I see. So how the plugin works is by changing the text in textarea, no matter the user has inputted anything or not. And you want the plugin not to delete text the user inputted upon changing thread prefix selection, do you? If so, I suggest tweaking this "Default Message" plugin to not change textarea's input text if user has changed it.
(2020-04-28, 03:39 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-28, 03:14 PM)YukiN Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the reason I need this is not to force the user to use prefix because I am using the plugin called "Default Message" which is very good and I have a default message for each prefix and if they enter something before setting the prefix - everything would get deleted after they pick the prefix later... Sad

Ah, I see. So how the plugin works is by changing the text in textarea, no matter the user has inputted anything or not. And you want the plugin not to delete text the user inputted upon changing thread prefix selection, do you? If so, I suggest tweaking this "Default Message" plugin to not change textarea's input text if user has changed it.
Well THAT is the problem because I want to force users to use the form I gave them, for example

Something's Name: User Input
Something's Download: User's Input

It'd be bad if they write tons of text and then it just disappears  Exclamation  
Which plugin is it?
Default Message