MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portrait attachment turned to landscape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've realised that web browsers shows attachments of photos differently. A photo in portrait format shows right in Google Chrome and Opera, but is turned left 90 degrees to landscape format in Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Here's a link to a thread with an attachment of a photo in portrait format that shows differently between different web browsers (one needs to be a registered user to be able to see the attachment:

https://campingforum.net/showthread.php?tid=855&page=7

How to make photos show the same in different browsers?
a temporary user account should be posted so that someone can check the issue.

are you using any plugin to display attached images ?

this plugin might help => Attachment Images Rotation Fix
(2020-04-28, 01:31 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you using any plugin to display attached images ?

this plugin might help => Attachment Images Rotation Fix

No so farĀ I hanen't used any plugin to display images as attachments. I just have used ABP Imgur Uploader and Mybb Ncode Image Resizer for uploading and showing images.

Thanks for the link to Attachment Images Rotation Fix. It's now installed, so I'll have to test and see how it works.

(2020-04-28, 02:56 PM)Sokrates Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link to Attachment Images Rotation Fix. It's now installed, so I'll have to test and see how it works.

This plugin solved the problem. I worked to correct the rotation of the previously attached photo too.

Rotating of existing attachment images in: ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> Attachment Images Rotation Fix into the correct position if EXIF orientation data is provided within the image files.