MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Acp plugin uninstallation page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be helpful to add some in core code to allow plugin authors to easily adda confirmation page for their plugin installation routines.

I think all plugins should ship with this and to motivate developers the core should make it as easy as possible.
I like the idea and would use it. Would there be a page also for an installation page? (e.g. "You've successfully installed _____. Your settings are at _____ and it added X templates in the forumdisplay area. ")

Might be useful.
I like both ideas. Another related idea (though maybe getting a little off-topic here) is to introduce into core code a common mechanism for upgrading plugins.
(2020-04-28, 11:10 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea and would use it. Would there be a page also for an installation page? (e.g. "You've successfully installed _____. Your settings are at _____ and it added X templates in the forumdisplay area. ")

Might be useful.

Though less critical I won't be against it, as it might be a quick start up kind of guide for administrators.

(2020-04-29, 12:22 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I like both ideas. Another related idea (though maybe getting a little off-topic here) is to introduce into core code a common mechanism for upgrading plugins.

Though your comment is vague on specific details I'd assume the plugin system in the ACP could get improvements once we rewrite the ACP for (IIRC) 1.10.
(2020-04-29, 01:11 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-29, 12:22 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I like both ideas. Another related idea (though maybe getting a little off-topic here) is to introduce into core code a common mechanism for upgrading plugins.

Though your comment is vague on specific details I'd assume the plugin system in the ACP could get improvements once we rewrite the ACP for (IIRC) 1.10.

You're right, it was a vague comment, mostly because I see a need that I don't want to try to force a solution onto without broad and general discussion.

For the plugins I (help to) develop, I try to follow an upgrade path of deactivate-copyfiles-reactivate, but it seems that not all plugin authors use the same upgrade path, and I don't want to presume to dictate how the mechanism would (should) ultimately work. Plus, I'm only new to the MyBB plugin scene, so my views aren't worth as much as those of experienced developers.

In any case, I'd be happy to discuss it further when the ACP gets rewritten for 1.10, or... any time that suits. Smile