MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is the best plugin for a blog in mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:why all the members are able to edit the articles
that should not happen. have you checked the plugin's settings for the groups permissions ..
Quote:rename the blog to "mysite.com/blog"?
if you mean heading then look in the language file (mybblog.lang.php)
$l['mybblog'] = "Blog";
(2020-05-02, 07:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:why all the members are able to edit the articles
that should not happen. have you checked the plugin's settings for the groups permissions ..
Quote:rename the blog to "mysite.com/blog"?
if you mean heading then look in the language file (mybblog.lang.php)
$l['mybblog'] = "Blog";

The permissions are like "if you are able to write then you will be able to edit". So, I have decided to restrict it to the admin & moderators.

And No I didn't mean the name of the blog. I meant the url of the blog. Now its like mysite.com/mybblog which I wanted to be mysite.com/blog
Quote:mysite.com/blog
^ obviously ReWrite URL is required (through .htaccess or server configuration)

somehow could not get a simple ReWrite Rule for it. some other helper might suggest it.
Something like this?
RewriteRule ^blog$ mybblog.php? [L,QSA,NC]
(2020-05-02, 04:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:mysite.com/blog
^ obviously ReWrite URL is required (through .htaccess or server configuration)

somehow could not get a simple ReWrite Rule for it. some other helper might suggest it.

M, is it not possible to achieve by renaming a folder or two??

(2020-05-03, 03:40 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this?
RewriteRule ^blog$ mybblog.php? [L,QSA,NC]

Is this the correct one? I am not familiar with codes.
^ rewrite rule given by Omar is expected to work.
you might already have .htaccess file. just add it & check
(2020-05-03, 04:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ rewrite rule given by Omar is expected to work.
you might already have .htaccess file. just add it & check

The blog was working fine on my localhost. But now in my live site its showing 404 error. I haven't added the .htaccess rule yet, though its should show in /mybblog right?
I have uploaded the JonesCoreMaster and the plugin and then activated it.

If something had gone wrong then the plugin wouldn't even have got activated, right?
^ forumURL/mybblog.php is the actual URL of the blog unless you have added rewrite rules to change the url.
When you say you're getting a 404, are you referring to a 404 on mybblog.php, or on /blog or /mybblog? If you're getting a 404 on the yoursite.com/mybblog.php link, the file itself hasn't been uploaded yet.

For this particular file, this can happen even if the plugin activates correctly. Everything in /inc/plugins is required for the plugin to load, activate, or be functional at all. However, the mybblog.php file is only used or loaded when viewing the blog page itself, so it could be absent and the plugin would still activate in the ACP itself without errors.
(2020-05-03, 06:07 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ forumURL/mybblog.php is the actual URL of the blog unless you have added rewrite rules to change the url.

(2020-05-03, 06:08 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]When you say you're getting a 404, are you referring to a 404 on mybblog.php, or on /blog or /mybblog? If you're getting a 404 on the yoursite.com/mybblog.php link, the file itself hasn't been uploaded yet.

For this particular file, this can happen even if the plugin activates correctly. Everything in /inc/plugins is required for the plugin to load, activate, or be functional at all. However, the mybblog.php file is only used or loaded when viewing the blog page itself, so it could be absent and the plugin would still activate in the ACP itself without errors.

So, I cleared my browser cache and all also checked with another browser. Its alright. The blog is showing in https://seomotionz.com/mybblog.php but the .htaccess rule isn't working. The page seomotionz.com/blog isn't showing.
Pages: 1 2 3